Thursday, April 17, 2008

UP UP UP She goes!

Wow. That was a workout.
No running.
No weights.
Just up up up.
I decided I was going to try something different today and give my knee a bit of a rest from the running (she says she don't love it all that much some days) so I get to the gym with this 'grande' plan in mind and as usual, my grande plans don't work like I'd like them to.
SO. This is what I did.
3 miles walking on the treadmill.
At my fastest walking pace of 3.2 mph (short legs, sorry, born that way)
Felt good, but wanted something else.
Upped the incline to a 2 - ok, good.
Little more to a 3 - not bad, let's go for 4
Cool.
4 is good. 5 is better! Feel the burn.
Burn is good, makes you know your burning SOMEthing.
Sweet! Why not go for 6? Hey, why not?
OK 6. HOLY CRAP!! 6 is not burn, 6 is fire.
Fire is NOT good. But fire is burning something too. Right?
I HOPE SO!

So, I did 3 miles
2 and 1/2 of them at my fastest pace of 3.2
and 1 1/2 of them at inclines from 2 up to 6
I think I was sweating harder than when I run!!
It took me 56 minutes to do 3 miles - but I feel so good!
Lets' see what my thighs and butt say tommorrow morning!?

:O) Darla

No comments: