Tuesday, April 29, 2008

RUN Forrest RUN! {RUN Darla RUN!}


So - I was a sleepy slacker this morning (that is what we call oversleeping in our house) and not only was I a sleepy slacker but I also got to bed at a very decent hour AND I almost made my kids late for school! YIKERS!
However, since I missed the gym I had to go redeem myself! :O) And I did! I hate going to the gym later in the day as it gets really busy AND really hot in there - all that body heat makes me get too warm, and nauseous and feeling gross... so here is what I did!

I went out to the HUGE Soccer Complex off the Arco Hwy and I ran! The weather is beautiful and sunny but the wind was horrendous out there! Kicking up all sorts of dust and gunk but I went on anyway! I did a total of 2 miles with 3 running intervals of about 1/4 mile each and of course I saved the last run for going AGAINST THE WIND (Holy Crap!) I did the full 2 miles in just under 30 minutes which is a really really good time for me and tells me that I am in fact running faster outdoors than I do on the treadmill! Hmmmm. I think I need to change up my focus on getting outdoors rather that being a slave to a machine egh? I have been reading a LOT on this and have gotten tons of great info. One thing I have learned it that it IS harder to run outdoors but it is so much better for you and works so many more muscles. Today I made a specific point to run on all different surfaces: Grass - Gravel - and Pavement as well - and I sure noticed a difference!

So, I better get on the program if I am going to do much running at that 5K Fun Run in 2 weeks!!!!!! :O)

(Photo is of the soccer complex where I ran today!)
Hugs n luvs!
Darla

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

Run Darla Run!
I think outside will be more fun to run. You go girl!

:J