Thursday, January 03, 2008

NO Gym today...... so far.

Well, late start today, baby was late so I didn't get to go to the gym to workout, bummed about that. However, been making good food choices and feeling great as that is one of my hugest hurdles. Maybe this afternoon or evening I can get to the gym for a bit - I am going to try anyway. I could always hop on the treadmill here at home too, but it is so much harder on my feet and legs. Stinky poo.
So, I was thinking (amazing egh?) and I dont' know if I should be pushing myself to run as much as I am. Thing is, I really LIKE running and the 5K training program is pretty easy going on you and all. Little steps really. BUT I am still pretty high on my weight and I know that running is like 2.5x your body weight coming down on your joints on every step. Scary. On the other hand, it is not hurting my joints, it is just more like sore muscles and I have had cramps in my foot. I don't know. So, as I said, I was thinking - and wondering if I should change up my focus from the running to more on the ellyptical for a while? I love that machine - it works my butt and legs and tummy and even my back. I burn more calories on there than any other excersize I do. I know how to do a gradual build up on there and it is something I can see myself doing for 30-45 min at a time several times a week. So, I am thinking of making that my main focus, at least for this month, and see how I do. I will keep with some walking and a bit of running, and the usual abs and stretches and weights and bike and stuff but really push on the ellyptical for now.
OK so, to add to the above, I am actually up a few ounces so far this week - ick! I will keep going though!
Today is lots of housework and laundry. Off I go......

Darla

No comments: