Monday, January 07, 2008

Busy busy busy !

Life is crazy right now..... thought things would slow down after we made it through the Holidays but I am still going 101 mph and feel like things are in a tailspin!
Had a GREAT weekend! Got to go on a little road trip "girls time" on Friday and Saturday. My bf Lisa had to go to Twin Falls for her daughters Gymnastics meet and so my youngest, Micheal, and I tagged along. We stayed at my sister Carlee's house and had a great visit! We left Fri afternoon and drove through some NASTY windy weather but got there safe and sound Fri evening. We helped Carlee with some megga shopping for her work Christmas party (yes, I know, Christmas is over, she works retail so they do it "after" Christmas). That night after run run running all over we got to Carlee's and had some dinner and visited, Lisa, Carlee and I had a great time and the kids went to bed w/out a hitch fairly early and Lisa followed soon after. (They had to be up early!) Carlee and I stayed up till' well after 3:00 a.m. working on packaging and numbering her gifts for the party!!!! It was a bit of delierium and a lot of fun! I finally fell asleep about 4:00 a.m. and then got up with Lisa and her daughter at 6:30 a.m! Carlee and I tried to go back to sleep but we were both wired for sound so we stayed up and got going! We spent the majority of Sat with lil' Micheal running all over Twin Falls gettting all the final gifts bought and put together. That afternoon Lisa picked Micheal and I up and we headed back to Idaho Falls. It was a short trip but tons of fun! OH and Lisa's daugher did GREAT at her competition! She got a trophey, a medal and several ribbons! WHOOWHO!

Sunday brought New Years changes! New Church time anyway... last year we went from 9a.m to noon and now we have the 11 a.m. to 2 pm slot. Nice to sleep in (but we were still late) but boy does the afternoon seep away from you when you get out that late! After Church we had lunch and then went and did a bit of Bday shopping for Micheal who will be SEVEN YEARS OLD TOMMORROW!!! We did pizza for dinner and I think everyone pretty much fell into bed!

Today is much of the same ol' same ol' for me. The baby is here, have a heapload of dishes to do and laundry too - vaccume, dust, sweep, all that fun stuff. Guess I better get busy!?

Have a great one!
Darla

No comments: