Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Almost 2O Weeks 5 Months...




Well, I apologize, I have not been real good lately about posting updates on my thyroid situation but since I got *great* news last night I suddenly remembered to post photos too!
So, yesterday I got notice in the mail from my Dr office that my thyroid horomones are FINALLY in check! Not only that, but they are downright almost perfect for a person with no thyroid at all! :O) They are evened out perfectly within my ranges and I am so happy! I have been feeling a million times better the past few weeks and now I know why! :O) Only took what, 5 months or so? Guess I am lucky though as it takes some people a year or more to get on track!
Plus, on top of this good news, I also have another happy dance too - I finally found a skin treatment for my scar that is covered under our insurance account and I really hope it helps! So far I think that the scar is healing up really well, but of course, it is still quite red and sometimes puffy and very very noticable still... so that is why I am glad to find this medication. Hope it helps!
So, with that, here is my most recent photo along with a couple of older ones to show comparison. Again, I think it looks pretty good, but it has been only 5 months so I am sure with in a year it will be beautiful! (I HOPE!) OK so the small one without a date was back in Sept just a few weeks after surgery, then there is one in Nov (with the date) and then the larger one is just from today. What do you think? I see a huge difference, of course I get to look at the ugly friggin' thing everyday too. Anyway, hope the new medication works and it starts to fade and smooth out more soon.
Guess I better go get busy - dishes won't wash themselves, well, they WILL techincally in the new dishwasher but they won't LOAD themselves - how's that? LOLOL!

Darla

No comments: