Sunday, June 24, 2007

The weekend report!






OK, as promised, here is a run-down of our weekend! So fun! So awesome! So worn out!
But again, SO FUN!

So, we started out on Friday with the bbq/swim party for our oldest ds Chris. He turned 16 on Wed as you remember (the same day Dad crashed and burned on his bike) so we had a be-lated celebration. We rented a pool for 2 hours and invited all his friends and some family and we had a blast! LOTS of swimming, eating, playing and visiting. Some of the adults even got in the pool and *SOME OF US* even went down the slide, more than once! LOLOL I tell ya, talk about FUN! As you can see from the photos, our dear friend Blake took over the "Master BBQ" duties as Ed has a broken wing right now..... and as you can also see, Blakely-man went a little freakin' out nuts with the whole job! WHAT A WEIRDO he is!!! (but thanks for all the help Blake!)
I got a few pix of Chris with his buddies (Chris is the one with his shirt off) and then a good close up of him in a cool new shirt he got as a gift. There is also a photo of the kids all eating and then one of Blake, Ed and Lisa visiting. All in all, it was a totally kickin' fun time!

We recovered from Fri night and got an early start Sat on some work and hitting some yard sales. Afternoon called for a NAP for the adults - LOLOL -go figure! Then Sat night we went out to Blake and Lisa's for THEIR daughters party. They had hired a dj from a local radio station and had a huge back yard bbq/ dance party. O M Gosh!!!!! You wanna talk about FUN? You got like maybe 8-10 adults and like 40 kids and tons of LOUD music.....crazy fun! Seriously! We were ALL jumping around, dancing, singing, swinging each other from one end of the yard to the other! Kids on the trampoline, people playing frisbee... the world's largest and craziest game of "Red Rover" ever. Just total FUN! I did NOT take my camera but will get some pix from Lisa to share soon. We danced full blown out of control until after 11:00 pm and I tell you, I felt like a HS kid again! I cannot even describe how young and fun I felt all night long! The BEST time I have had in a long long long long long time.

With that, I have to add, I have been "pretty good" with my eating considering all the partyin' that has been going on. I also had a kick butt session at the gym on Fri and Sat but skipped Sun (hey, day of rest, right?). Overall, I hope to be pleasantly suprized on the scales come Monday. That 50#'s is gonna kill me I tell ya!
But, in reference to the above. I have to say that A: a year ago I would have not gone down ANY slide let alone one at a pool.... heck, I would not have even GOTTEN IN the pool a year ago, and B: I would not have felt comfortable dancing in front of anyone (even kids) a year ago, I would not have had the ENERGY to dance for hours like we did last night. I would have been so self consious and would have sat in the corner and stuffed my face with cake and burgers. True story. So, even if I have yet to hit the "grande" 50# mark yet, I can tell you the world of difference I saw in myself this weekend is enough to make me VERY proud and feel VERY wonderful. I just see it getting better and better too.

Loves!
Darla

No comments: