Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fun Date Night - My Boys at Work




Wow another weekend here and going by WAY too fast.
I love the weekends bc we usually get some play time, much needed play time, and thankfully we finally got a "date night" with our friends last night. It has been a few weeks since we have gone out with NO kids and I sure needed it! We did our usual night, went out to Garcia's Mexican resteraunt (where I made GOOD food choices!) and then teased each other to the inth-degree! After that we came over to our house and sat out on the deck where the weather was PERFECT and we lit a fire in our little fire-pit stove out there. We sat and visited and relaxed and listened to music (and our kids fight) and had a nice time. It was over all too fast really. I look forward to our nights out with Blake and Lisa so much. :O)
We had to call it early though because Ed, Blake and our oldest son Chris were up and at em'at the wee hours today. They headed up to the cabin to work all day and wanted an early start since it is an 1 1/2 hr drive. They will get a lot done and I can't wait to see the progress when we go up next weekend as a family!! So fun!
Today I have to make a library run, going to take the kids to go play with some friends, maybe stop by and say HI as Lisa has an open house she is holding for her real estate job. Oh, and I guess I need to clean the house, do some laundry and some yardwork too. Hmpf! The sheer and utter joy! (not)
The BIG PUSH is going great so far! Headed to the gym in a bit to get in my workout but VERY HAPPY to report that in just ONE day (started yesterday) I am down 3 lbs already! I will be to my 50lb mark before I know it! AWESOME stuff! *and a thanks to Lisa for reminding me last night NO licorice!*
Well, off and running as usual. Here are a couple pix for you. One is of Blake and Lisa from our cruise to Ca/Mx a couple of years a go (so you can all see who they really are minus dust and bad hair!) and then one of the guys working up at the cabin from last weekend. Not a great photo but sort of cool with the sun shining through... that is just how perfect the day really was!

Make it a good one! Remember to PUSH yourselves!
Darla

**9:00pm wanted to add... I did really good all day today with my BIG PUSH and was feeling quite good about myself and then caved and ate pancakes for dinner! yikes! after that we took the kids out for an ice cream, go figure..... **

No comments: