Thursday, May 08, 2008

I ran and ran and ran and ran some more!




5:00 a.m. Thursday May 8th - 2008
Going out for a 3 mile walk and jog. Want to meet or beat yesterdays' times and distances. (two 1/2 mile runs and one 1/4 mile run) No energy. First run was a bomb, barely over 1/4 mile. That is ok. Keep walking. Old lady "speed walking" passes me up- ok sister - game on. Start the jog, trot, shuffle, whatever you call it, I go. And I go. And I go. Have to at least get 1/2 mile this time. I go. And I go. HEY! I am over my 1/2 mile. Keep going Darla!! And going...and going... this is not hard. Breathing is controlled. Legs aren't hurting. I can so do this! Run to the end of the school crossing. Keep going. Run to the next sign up there - just a few more yards. Keep your head UP Darla - keep going. Breathing is good - legs don't hurt - no reason to stop but your own mind. Keep going. OK, the crosswalk is up there, make it to that and I KNOW I have made at least 1 full mile! ONE FULL MILE??? GET OUT OF HERE! I can't run a mile straight?! OH HECK YES YOU CAN - You just did!

ok - sorry for the goonie dialog there but you get it - I did 1.2 miles in ONE FREAKING RUN STRAIGHT this morning! THAT I can deal with! In total I did 3 miles in one hour with 1.5 miles run and feeling like I could conquer the world right now!

:O) YOU have a good day - MINE will be great!

Darla

3 comments:

Robin said...

whoo hooo!! yeah Darla!! GREAT JOB GIRL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! That is soooo great! CONGRATS!! And keep up the great work!

:Jayne said...

Darla, that is absolutely awesome!!!!!

:J