Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hold On


I got a great quote from my bf Lisa today - a co-worker had told her this and she shared it and it really got me going.

"If God brings you to it - he'll bring you through it."

I really liked that thought, and it is one I think I'll hold on to for a while. And speaking of holding on.... I have more inspiration to share. The mush in me is about to come out - I apologize. Get your tissues.

So, many of you know that one of my all time fave musical persons is an LDS writer named Michael McLean, heis amazing and well, his music really touches me. I love his work so much! http://www.michaelmcleanmusic.com/ I have tons of his CD's and music and books and every so often the words to certain songs just come into my head - lately it has been more often - especially in the morning as I've been running. It is funny too because I listen to music while I run and it is usually not of the inspirational type. (We're talking more like ACDC, GunsNRoses and the like) Anyway, today while I was running this song came into my fat little head and as I am listening to my rocker head banger stuff the Michael McLean song just kept playing outloud in my mind. Why? I am not sure. But I think that for today the spiritual part of the song was not necessarily what I needed as much as the general message of the words. Not to give up, not to let go. LOL I am working so hard at this running and health and fitness, some days are easy and others are a real trial but I know in the end that if I just HOLD ON the light will come, if that makes any sense whatsoever. So, for today, when you read this song, if you think outside of the message of spirituality, you might see what I am saying. I think I may have shared this song on my blog before, if I have, I apologize, but it is a great song!! Nevertheless, I think it has a great message for both spiritual reasons and for a bit of drive too. Darla

"HOLD ON" - by Michael McLean
The message of this moment is so clear
and as certain as the rising of the sun
when your world is filled with darkness, doubt or fear
just hold on, hold on, the light will come

Everyone who's ever tried and failed
stands much taller when the victory's won
and those whov'e been in darkness for a while
kneel much longer when the light has come

It's a message ever one of us must learn
that the answers never come without a fight
and when it seems you've struggled far too long
just hold on, hold on, there will be light

Hold on, hold on, the light will come
hold on, hold on, the light will come
if you feel trapped inside a never-ending night
if you've forgotten how it feels to feel the light
if your'e half crazy thinking you're the only one
who's afraid the light will never really come
just hold on, hold on, the light will come

The message of this moment is so clear
and as certain as the rising of the sun
when your world is filled with darkness, doubt or fear
just hold on, hold on
the light will come

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

Do you know that "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it" has been on my fridge since March 23, 2003? It was my quote of the day that day, and just what I needed to hear. Then and every day!

:J