Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Look Out Birkey Turd!! Darla's in the kitchen!



OK so anyone who knows me very well also knows that I am not the world's best cook. As a matter of fact, I really don't even LIKE to cook very much but there is one or two excpetions... and one of those is THANKSGIVING! I love to cook the turkey and stuff it and make all the yummy treats to go along. I have had success with baking a turkey for quite a few years and so this year when we were invited to go up to the cabin with Blake and Lisa for Thanksgiving I all but begged to be the one to do the bird!!! So, we split up the duties and I get to bake my big ol' 20 lb "birkey turd" and do my stuffing....MMMM! I can't wait! I have been working all day today doing some prep work and pre-cooking what I can to save for time and energy at the cabin. We will leave around noon on Wed and be back Sat and I AM PUMPED TO GO! It is so awesome up there in the quiet beauty of nature and just being with family and friends and just enjoying one another- it is the best! We are SO very blessed!
So... while we are off enjoying nature and assuredly playing in the mud and some SNOW too... you all enjoy your friends, family and turkey dinners and remember to count your blessings as well. Much love and happiness to you and yours - we all have so much to be thankful for!
XOXOX
Darla

No comments: