Saturday, November 10, 2007

Don't believe me?? Do ya??





Well, I finished up on Week 2 of Couch to 5K training last night. It was really tough this week, and there are 7 more weeks to go! OYE! The first two really weren't too awfully bad but the Week 3 scares me. We go from running 90 second segments to 3 MINUTE segments and I just don't know if this ol' body is ready to do it! LOL I am going to give it a whirl though and if I cannot do it without coughing up a lung or falling over dying, then I'll go back and re-do Week 2 again to prepare myself to go into Week 3.
It is a GREAT program and a good way to ease into running but when you are as out of shape as I am , well, no, that is not right, because I am in pretty decent shape from this past year of workouts. I guess what I mean (and hate to admit) is that when you are as heavy as I still am, it is quite hard to follow the routine and stay with it. Fair enough?
Now, I know some of you just simply cannot fathom ME - Darla - RUNNING on a treadmill... well, here is the proof! Tiffany took pix of me on the treadmill last night doing my final Week 2 run! SEEE! I really am doing it, gushing sweat and all!!!
Also have a new picture of my not so beautiful neck as yesterday was Week 9 since my surgery. It has not changed much in the past few weeks but it is getting red more and that is weird to me. I have read alot about how it "should" heal and I guess this is all part of the process. Hopefully within a year it will be unoticable!
Well, gotta get moving. Running a few errands, cleaning house and date night with Blake and Lisa tonight (HOOOORAY!) and I am so happy, we have missed the past 2 weeks of date nights and I have been going through withdrawls or something! LOL

Have a great one!
Darla

No comments: