Wednesday, November 28, 2007

FINALLY FEELING GOOD AGAIN!


What a roller coaster life has been the past few months! I almost hate to say it outloud, but I FEEL GOOD AGAIN! LOL (I said that a few weeks ago and then got sick!) I can honestly say that back in July and August was the best I have felt physically and emotionally in my entire adult life. I just can't explain how good I felt... so many emotions that run with it.
Then things went haywire with life and my health and I just sort of started to spiral down. Not just the stuff with my thyroid but also with my Mom, my bf and some other things...just enough all bound together to put me way off track. :O( Then with the pending surgery in the back of my head, I started with the EXCUSES (oh they stink!!!) and got this mindset that if I could just "maintain" where I was through the surgery that I would be happy with myself. Now, honestly, that WAS a good thought - but it became an EXCUSE to not do the things I should be doing.
Now, here I am , almost 3 months later and just now getting back to where I was?? That was just DUMB THINKING on my part! I did try to get back to the gym right after the surgery but it was too much too fast then I continued to fizzle from there. Foods have been a major issue as well and the two combined have been "fatal" for my weight! I am now fighting hard to get off 10-15 lbs that I re-gained during all of this! STINKY POO YUCK! I swear I will never allow myself to backtrack again! :O<
THE GOOD NEWS is that this week I have totally put my brain back in it's proper healthy place (well, almost there) and have been going to the gym and feeling like I am back to where I should be. I realized I MISS the workouts and my body feels so much more refreshed when I go. My routine at home is better, my days run smoother and I sleep better. Those are all plusses in my book! Now if I can get a handle on my foods again I will be melting pounds like buttah baby! :O) Easier said than done though, I know.
One other thing, I have been straggling along on this Couch to 5K program for a while now : http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml and it has been frustrating as I have been back and forth on it with being sick, going out of town for Thanksgiving and all that. So this week I have consistantly been hashing it out and "re"doing Week 2 and it is amazing how good it feels! Today I was not going to run, (I take 2 days off a week from the program) and once I got on the treadmill I WANTED to do the running! Crazy! Love it! Felt so good! This is a great program for anyone who is wanting to build up some endurance running, even at a slow pace, it is a good one. I do more of a "trot" than a run, but I figure as I build my endurance I will eventually build some speed too! It just feel so good.
WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE DOING ANY RUNNING AT ALL ANYWAY?????
So, with that, I have to say, if you want to get healthier, there is no time like the present and yes, we have set backs but if I can do it, so can you!
:O) Have a FAB Wed folks!

Darla

PS - And the photo is of ME!! and lil' Micheal bug up at Island Park last weekend playin' in the snow..... what a great time we had!

No comments: