Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Workout Day 2 - check!

Well, I drug my butt out of bed again this a.m. for workout day #2. I can't believe how totally wiped out I am getting at the gym. Sure goes to show how much surgery can tear down your whole body. Geesh! I walked and did the stationary bike today but man was I tired out quick. Yesterday I only did walking and so today I felt like I needed to step it up a bit. Supposedly I can resume normal workouts next week but I don't know if I'll be up to it! Guess I can just try - better than not trying at all! I will work back up to where I was - I will - it will just take some time. After all, it took me a whole year to get where I was before the whole thyroid crap went crazy so at least I have a head start on it this time! Forced optimism I tell ya.
Oh and speaking of quotes... I have a couple of new favorites that I wanted to share with my blog readers. One is so super megga INSPIRING to me and the other is VERY difinitive of my favorite past time of all : SCRAPBOOKING! I will share them in a minute. Right now though, I am having this "war" with myself. It is silly, but I want some input from you guys. For over 10 yrs now I have been a totally addicted crazy one minded over zealouse scrapbooking queen. Seriously. My closest family and friend can attest to the seriousness of this. So when I started to work out and focus more on my physical health last year, scrapping sort of got side swiped and slowed wayyyyy down. Still a priority and still my favorite play time for myself, but slid way down on the top ten time consumers for me. I have missed it so much and feel sort of out of the loop on the latest and greatest in the scrapping world, but have tried to keep up. I desperatly want to find a good balance! I want to find time and energy for my physical health but also feel like my scrapping is so good for my mental health! I am really inspired and energized with scrapbooking lately and hope to be able to fit both into my daily routine again and then feel more balanced. Am I nuts? I need to keep focus on my health, can't lose focus there - but think I need both in my life to stay happy. So, if anyone has any tips as to how to squeeze both in, do share!

Got a lot of stuff done yesterday and did lots of visiting. Have a neighbor/friend from Church who stopped by in the afternoon and we chatted for over an hour! Then she and her hubby came by last night to talk again - made for a VERY late dinner and just threw my night off totally. Nice to visit, but so into a routine lately. LOL I did get a lot done down in my scrapbook area and the storage closet downstairs. Will be relieved when it is all tidy and organized again.

Today is more of yesterday. Laundry, housework, all that. Need to figure out a menu for the week too. Yea, I know, it is Tuesday already LOL!

OK off I go! Have a good one!
Darla

INSPIRED : BE THE CHANGE YOU HOPE TO SEE

SCRAPPY : PURPOSELY CAPTURING HAPPY MOMENTS EXPANDS YOUR SOUL - Olympia Dukakis

No comments: