Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Weight Issues





Every once in a while I like to do these photo comparison things , more for me than anyone , but they help keep me motivated and on track and focused. I need that today.This is one year difference (green Sept 2006 black Sept 2007).

Had a late start this a.m. and has thrown me off. Well, I didn't have a late start, the mom I babysit for did and it just got me off kilter from the get go. Feel like I am an hour behind on everything now.... dumb, but true. Got in a shorter workout than I'd liked to have but at least I still went. Built up my time a bit on the ellyptical (added 5 more min) and am almost back up to where I was presurgery a few weeks ago. Not too bad. Tried to get back to the weights on Monday but it was too much strain, could feel it pulling in my neck and stopped. Will try again next week.
Walking is about where it was presurgery too, just boring to me now. Got some new music I'm using, that might help. Bottom line is that I think I need a big shake up in my workout / diet / health routine. I need to stop with the babysteps and take some leaps I think. I have said all along that babysteps where what got me through, because it wasn't a total change all at once, but now I am stalled out on my weightloss and I need to regroup and focus. I have not been my best when it comes to foods, I totally threw it out the window the weeks during/after surgery and now I am trying to come off that high/low, whatever you want to call it. My workouts still push me, but I think I could push harder, just sort of working back up to where I was first. Setting new goals, trying to figure out what I can do to boost myself along. I am STUCK at this freaking point on my weight, at least by the scales point of view and that is flustering. I was at 50 lbs as of the first part of July, then I spent all of July and Aug and most of Sept just trying to maintain that. I jumped up a few lbs through this past 3 weeks and now am sloooowwwwly creeping back down but still have not got down to that 50 lb mark again. SO angry I allowed this to happen, because now instead of working hard to move forward and to a new goal I am rehashing my old goal and pushing very angrily towards getting back to where I was. Sucks! I am very very angry with myself over this.
So, now today I am going to rethink things, make some new plans, make some MORE new goals and get ready to conquer this dang 50 lb goal and move on to the next one....
Staying focused is key.
Darla

No comments: