Sunday, September 30, 2007

36 Might Not Be TOO Bad Afterall...?






Well, yesterday was my very Happy 36th Birthday and I have to say, it was a really really GREAT DAY! I was spoiled all over the place with tons of loves and surprizes and gifts and it was awesome! Aside from back in HS when Mom and Dad threw us nice parties, or maybe my 21st when Ed gave me a suprize party, I think this is the best bday I have had!! I think 36 will be a great year!
Some photos I wanted to share... you'll "get" them later on in the post. The moose we saw out near Blake and Lisa's subdivision... crazy! The SNOW we woke up to yesterday morning! SNOW in Sept! Whatever! And then some b-day photos too...

So, here is how my birthday went this year!
Fri night dh and the kids had a mini mom party. We had pizza and opened gifts and had ice cream. I got lots of treats from everyone - new computer speakers, my VERY OWN mp3 player (this was a LONG time coming as I've been borrowing the kids mp3's and iPods for months at the gym), ummm, Dani made me a cute, soft pink pillowcase in sewing class at school, Tiffany painted me a HEART that says I LOVE YOU for my scrapbook area.
On top of the stuff from Fri night a friend brought me a sugar cookie candle and a beautiful cupcake with a rose on it, my sister brought me muffins and a sweet card, (I got TONS of nice cards in the mail too), another neighbor brought me a cake and a card, my inlaws sent me some money, and my bf Lisa bought me my very OWN funny little CABIN all for me, maybe I have been a little jealous?! (I don't have a pix of it yet, but you'll get a kick out of it!)
So, I was already having a great bday and then Sat actually got here and it just got better and better!!
I got to sleep in....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so nice! But I missed the gym and didn't get to use my new mp3 player! LOL We woke up to SNOW! yes! SNOW IN SEPTEMBER! Got some great photos of it too! (the eagles are bronze sculptures we have here in town, they looked so real with the snow on them) We went to Ed's family work day at his office, looked around, had some cookies and visited. Enjoyed seeing the kids check out what Daddy does all day :O)
By 2:30 we were on our way (still snowing too) to pick up Blake and Lisa to go to Rexburg (about 30 min from I.F.)to the Paul Mitchell Hair Acadamy. We got there at 3:00 and we each went back with a stylist and had the ROYALLLL treatment! We had a tea tree oil scalp massage... and a eucalyptus shampoo massage and hot towel treatment... AND we had a cut and style too! We were all so relaxed and oh so stylin' baby! That took over an hour and 1/2 of time but man did it feel good! OH and the place, it is INEXPENSIVE too! It was totally awesome and we all enjoyed it. The guys were done way faster than us girls so they sat around and heckled us and all the poor lil' stylist gals... what a total couple of weirdos Lisa and I have married! LOL
So, after the hair thing, we went to the sporting store there in Rexburg and checked out the 4 wheelers, motorcycles, snowmachines and all that stuff. Saw some really cool toys - fun to look!!
Then we headed (still SNOWING) back to Idaho Falls and we went to pick up a rental car that Lisa had at her house to drop it off. Just as we approached their subdivision we look over and there is a FREAKING BULL MOOSE SITTIN' THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD!!!!!!! Serious as heck! Just sitting there chewin' his crud looking at US like we were the weird ones! ROTFL! So, I happened to have my camera on me and took some shots and we were on our way! Craziness! Well, we picked up the rental car, which was a Chrystler 300 and way SWEET (heated seats baby!) and took it back to the airport.... then the guys picked us up and we were off again!
Snow finally stopped and we went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. OMGosh yea! Lovin' the food and everything! We did have a long wait but the food was worth it! The waiter was a cutie and he even brought me choco cake ala something too rich to eat LOL and then stood there and SANG with Ed, Blake and Lisa to me!!! It was sooo fun! Great dinner! Great company!
After dinner we went back to their house for a HOT TUB! I have been dying to go hot tubbing since my surgery, knew it would feel so good on my neck as it has been so tense and tight. So, we went out there, visited, ate a ton of cookies, visited some more, took a LONG relaxing hot tub, visited some more, laughed till' we about cried, visited some more ... LOL I finally started to doze off on the sofa in the office so Ed declared it time to take the "old lady" home. LOL Then I could not find my shoes, and well, we finally drove in the driveway here at home at straight up 12:00 midnight! I about fell into bed but man oh man....what a great day!
Slept in again this morning.... feeling great though! 36 is going to be awesome!!!

Darla

Just posted all the photos from our trip to the themed hotel a few weeks ago. We went there for our anniversary a week early since I was having surgery. It is the Black Swann Inn in Pocatello, ID and it is very cool! Our room was themed "Pirate Suite" and it was awesome!! http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i21/DarlaLOU/

No comments: