Thursday, September 13, 2007

GOOD NEWS! NOT SO GOOD NEWS!

OK so I just got home from my appt followup with the surgeon for my throat. Got some good news and some great news and some not so good news! Craziness I tell ya! So, where to start? The good? The bad? The ugly? LOL Yes, the incision is ugly, for now, but it is healing up well and soon enough I'll show ya all a much happier looking photo!

So, the good news. Well, there is a few good things. One is that things look good. He is impressed with the wound and thinks it is healing really well. Yeahhh! That is really good news actually! It is sort of angry looking right now as they pulled the steri-strips off and it really got red and irritated the skin all around it, but overall it looks much-o better than it did with all the nasty blood-encrusted bandages all over! He also said it seems I am healing well, meaning overall, I am coming around and should feel great within the next week! Hooray! He also OK'd me to go back to the gym in the mornings as tolerated (in other words I can go walk or do the stationary bike for now). He still does not want me to do any heavy lifting or bending for at least a week. That is ok, at least I can go walk! Hooray for that!

The other REALLY good news was sort of a suprize! All in all, there was never really a big concern for the pathology report/biopsy of the thyroid bc nothing showed in advance of being a problem(ie: cancer or anything). He had said that they automatically DO biopsy things just to be safe and that it might give an indicator of why the dang thing grew so big so fast... but not to worry. Well, apparantly there WAS a worry!!!! Yea! No kidding! I was freaking out when he told me all this!! He told dh after the surgery that there was no problems other than some heavy bleeding that they had to control, but Ed even asked about the biopsy and he said there was no concern. So,then he told me today that when pathology got it THEY were concerned and had to send it in for additional *special* testing to weed out the problems they thought there might be. In the end, THANKFULLY there was nothing there. My Drs, both my reg dr and the ent doc were totally shocked to hear that there was anything to even look at and the ent said he was so thankful they did do the automatic path report just in case! How totally FREAKY IS THAT???????!!!!!!!! I am so glad it all came out good though! (no pun intended LOL)

OK so the BAD news- well, in comparison to the GOOD I can cope. The bad news is that I cannot go 4-wheeling for another week minimum!! BOO HOO! He said NOPE no 4-wheelers for another week- DANGGIT ALL! Kind of a joke because that was one thing we asked immediatly at the hospital before I was discharged, LOL poor Dr! Also another bad thing is no heavy duty workouts for another week at least... he keeps saying "at least a week" and I finally asked what that means... he said it is just more as tolerated but he wants me to keep taking it easy for one more week. I told him I'd been pampered all week and he said GREAT! Gotta love that guy! He said to keep off the heavy lifting and I also told him how I get lightheaded and woozy when I bend over and he said to keep off that for another week too! So, I guess I'll just ease into things slow but sure. Ohhhh and no swimming for another week too, but I *CAN* go hot tubbing provided I don't soak my neck in the water! LOL Details...details...

So, I will take another photo of myself tonight and when I get back on my own pc again I'll post them! You'll be amazed! This skinny chicken has a turkey gobbler! ROTFLMBO! Thank goodness the swelling will go down! hee hee

HUGS
Darla

No comments: