Tuesday, May 01, 2007

WAY TO GO MOM!!!!! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!




WOW! Can you believe all of this for little ol' me?? Oh yes, my family "got" me big time yesterday! I only have a few pictures here, the van, of course I had to share, the cute balloons, and streamers in the trees..... I missed getting a pix of the cake before it got demolished, but you see the purple frosting there......... right? OK so what in the name of Sam Heck was going on? OK, take a seat, here is the story. (hold on, it is a long ride)








Ahh hemm
back in Sept of 1999 I had to go get my drivers license renewed. I went into the DMV, paid with a check and left with my new ID for the next four years. Well, during the course of that period of time we went through some really major family issues (bad stuff to say the least) and somehow , unbeknownst to us, apparently the check I'd written to renew my license did not clear the bank. So flash forward a couple of years, ok like almost 5 years... I go in again to renew my license (summer of 2004) and it has been exp for a few months but you have a full yr to renew without having to test again. I go in to do this and find that apparently mine had been suspended back in 1999 when the check orig did not clear. WHAT? So they tell me I cannot get a new license and have to go through all this rig-a-ma-roar to do it. I was SO upset! So, I got a state ID card and left. Well, long story short, I was a big fat chicken poo and was scared to death to take the tests or do anything..... until now. (yes, almost 3 yrs later) Well, I broke down, took the tests (both written and driving) and passed them BOTH with flying colors and my family, and friends, well, they were ummmm HAPPY?? To say the very very least, yes, they were happy! So, after I went to the DMV yesterday morning and got a new license (that is good for 8 FULL YEARS)( and paid cash for it too ;O) they decided a celebration was in order! When I came home last night that (the photos) is what I drove up to in our yard!!! DO YOU LOVE IT OR WHAT???? We had a blast, cake and went out to dinner( they made me drive the van too!!)... decorations ALL over the place, streamers and posters and banners were all over outside the house and in! I felt so special (and goofy too)!!!! Our closest friends, Blake and Lisa, and their kids were all here too! I was just cracking up big time. So....... now that the celebration is over, just remember, if your license is about to expire - go take care of it immediatly (and take cash!) LOL Darla








No comments: