Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mopping - whose bright idea was THAT?

Is there any doubt in your mind that MEN invented things like mops...vaccumes...and the like? yeah... they think that it makes life easier I am sure, but me, no, I hate mopping. ICK! OK so my kitchen/diningroom floors were a nasty mess. I went to mop them and the lil' spongie thing on the end (mop-head is the official term I guess?) just up and gave out on me! The thing like came unstuck from the base and there I was, middle of a sticky floor and no mop. GEESH! So I proceed to jimmy-rig it with a rag around the mop and try to at least finish up that bit of the floor. No, not happening. So, I gave up. Fast forward 3 days........ I keep forgetting to buy the sponge replacement at WalMart (not like we go there 2 or 3 x a day or anything). SO finally I buy one.... now to get the old plastic base OFF the mop, uh yea, three or four cusswords and a razor blade in hand, I finally get the old part off and insert the new pretty yellow and blue mophead. Yeahh! Umm sure. Well, long story short (not! sorry) the kitchen and diningroom floors are all shiny and beautiful for at least 2 hours until the kids start to roll in from school.

Oh and did I mention it rained today? ( 4 kids + 1 dog + 2 cats + 1 hubby = you know but you don't want to say it do you?)

Darla

No comments: