Friday, May 25, 2007

Something to talk about

Hmmmm first and foremost, I have "lost" the ability to post my messages in different colors and I am not computer literate enough to figure it out so for now you get boring colors. Bummer. Sorry for that. (it IS the simple things that keep me happy you know) OK, enough on that.

So, as I mentioned in my previous post, things have been busy this week- pre-weekend for us but I had some spare moments to sit down and figured I'd pick up where I left off and also say a few other things too.

OK, well I am totally BUMMED out right now as I have been in sort of a scrapbook slump the past few months. Since I have been spending more time at the gym, sleeping different hours, so on and so forth, I just have not spent much time on my scrapping. I actually have not been even spending much time here at the computer either. So, now the scrappies are chomping at me and I am feeling the urge to let my creativity go go go again and I am finding that I have no scrappy buddies anymore! BOO HOO! Well, my online buds but they live all over the country! LOL
(time out - have to go fix dinner.... brb)
OK dinner done, even went for a 1/2 hr walk! Back to business: so, I have been having a scrapping urge and yet I seem to have trouble making time to actually sit down and do it. Part of it is that I want to go to a crop at the lss (local scrapbook store) or something but time has not allowed and it seems like everyone is so busy on weekends.I did go to the sb store in Rigby today while Chris was at work for a couple of hours, just worked on some creativity books but it DEFINATLY got my scrappy juices going! Now this big sb convention thing is coming up in a couple of weeks and I really want to go to both the vendor part AND the day crops (only $5 bucks for both days!but I dont' want to go alone :O( My buddy Robin is going to be on vacation and I dont' really have any other people to ask to go with me. Big fat bummer. Guess I'll figure it out. Not really that big of a deal, but it is, you know?
Alright, so the other part of my "woes" right now is the weight thing. I had this big revelation yesterday as it was the kids last day of school, right? Well, I originally started my fitness quest on the first day of school back in August....so it occured to me that I had been working at this for a FULL school year (aka 9 mos) and I suddenly got really flustered with where I am at. I have lost an amazing 45 (almost 50!!) lbs in the past 9 months but it has been SO slow going. I have been consistant in losing and have changed major lifestyle things. I have cut out so much bad and added in so much good. I have gone from ultra LAZY and sedentary to super energetic and motivated. I have cut out pop and caffine and added in water and veggies. I go to the gym at stinking 5:00 A.M.!!!! So, my hard work and sacrifice IS paying off....just a lot slower than I had hoped for. This past few weeks has been really hard as I was sick and gained about 9 lbs back, getting that back off again and trying to move on has been a huge hurdle for me. Right now I am "stuck" at this mid-forty weight and I am DYING to get to the 50 lb loss! I am 1/3 of the way done - thinking THAT way, it seems huge to me. But thinking of only losing 5 lbs per month is VERY VERY disheartening and discouraging. At that rate I'll be going at this another 18 months.... A YEAR AND A 1/2 MORE??!! I am so not envisioning that as a good thing. However, the biggest portion of my fitness and weight loss is focusing on lifestyle changes so it is not like I am going to hit my goal and and just start eating donuts and french fries everyday and quit working out either. That is one thing that keeps me focused. So rather than think 18 months I have to think "the rest of my life". OK I have rattled on enough. I beat myself up pretty good yesterday over all this and finally came to the conclusion that I am doing the right things and my body will respond as it is supposed to... I don't get to "set" a time table or anything easy like that. I just have to keep doing the right things. :O)

If you have read ALL of this bless your heart! If you have read 1/2 or even less of this , bless your heart too! Have a GREAT weekend! Happy memorial day!? (ew, that just does not sound right LOL)

Darla

1 comment:

Ruth.E said...

I must remind you that some of your scrapping buddies are not even in the same country. I have lost my mojo again too - hope it will come back when I need it. You have to know that slow weight gain is far more maintainable than fast. Slow but steady wins the race young turtle! Love you.
Ruth