Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another day in paradise?


Here we are, Tuesday already? Wow... the days go by so fast. Today is supposed to be a SUNNY WARM day here in Idaho and we are supposed to be getting temps as high as the mid 70's... yippee! I think I may go lay down out on the kids trampolene and catch some sun today! LOL
Photo here to the side, this is my nephew Ted and my baby boy Micheal on Sunday after the first soccer game. It is so cool to see these two interact as Ted is sort of my "first baby" since I lived with my sis and her family after H.S. and took care of him when he was born. Now Ted graduates from H.S. in just a couple of weeks and I am blown away at what an awesome young man he has become! He is looking at going to college on soccer scholarships and right now is "wanted" by a school in Kansas City. Amazingly cool.
Big agenda this week: Baby sitting. HA HA serious! I am babysitting every day this week for either my friend or my sister and thank goodness all these boys are Micheal's age so they can entertain one another! Other than that, it is housework, laundry, yardwork, running taxi for the older kids...........all that fun stuff. I cannot wait for the weekend to arrive so we can have our Sat night "date" with our friends. This is my saving grace to each week! OH and this weekend is also the boys Father Son Campout for Church... so Ed, Chris and Micheal will be heading off Friday afternoon and Sat morning for that. Need to figure out something fun to do Fri night while they are gone- hmmm
In other news. Actually, this is the BIG news today. The gal that Ed works with that I will be babysitting for this summer is in the hospital having her little baby boy RIGHT NOW! I got a call from Ed early this a.m. (while I was at the gym) and he said she is in labor as we spoke! So cool! I can't wait to see the lil' guy.......so excited about this!
I forgot to "report" here yesterday about my weigh in for this week. I am happy to say that I have gotten off those horrible "sick lbs" I gained and I am now at my all time lowest since starting this all last August!!!! I am going on 9 months now and cannot believe how great I feel! I am a bit discouraged, no, angry with myself if more like it... I have been working out so hard and so consistantly yet I can't seem to gain any momentum. I have not been able to increase my speed or endurance with walking and it is very much a downer to me. I started back up on the weights (after the stomach issues) and my muscles are very sore, almost 'weak' so I know that as far as the ellypt machine and bike goes, that is why I am struggling there, but the walking should be getting easier and easier yet it never does? I dont' get it!!!! Grrr. Anyway, I am happy the lbs are coming off and really should not complain at all, right?
OK Off and running.....have a GREAT day!
D

2 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Darla you will get your strength back. It might take a couple weeks but it will happen. The main thing is to KEEP MOVING!!!

:Jayne said...

Hey girl! Wow! you still make me dizzy with all your activities! I've spent the last 10 minutes reading and catching up on you.
Congrats on passing your DL tests and getting those sickie pounds off. Keep at it, you are loooooooking goooood!

:J