Friday, May 18, 2007

HoHum Weekend Plans and a Prize!


What a gloooooomy afternoon. Usually I am all pumped up when my kids are all fished out to friends and neighbors on the weekends, because that means we get a peaceful and fun time out as parents with OUR friends, Blake and Lisa. This weekend will not happen that way. Bummer. Blake and Lisa bought this cabin up in Island Park...a "fixer upper" kind of thing. So, now they are spending their weekends up there (hr and 1/2 drive) working on the remodel of the cabin and leaving us with no adult entertainment.... *sigh*. So, our oldest ds Chris, he is up there with them working this weekend (he works for them 4x a week normally anyway) and then Dani is off with her friend for the weekend... Tiff will be gone all this evening babysitting and we just have lil' Micheal man here. You'd think we could come up with SOMETHING to keep us out of total boredom? or not?

Thing is, we have spent pretty much 90% of our weekends with our friends for the past several years. We dont' have other friends! LOL No, just joking, we have tons of friends, just not ones like them. It is going to be a loooong summer I fear! We will be going up there a few weekends ourselves, but not right now. I think mid-June we'll take the kids up for a family weekend and that will be fun, but for now, I am sort of feeling lost! I know! Crazy isn't it? I just enjoy their company and friendship so much... they are great friends, love them a lot and appriciate the humor and fun times we share. Bummer...

Today was a do nothing but do lots sort of day. Got the house cleaned up, ran a few errands, even made it to the YMCA this morning bright and early with Ed for a workout. So I don't know why I feel like nothing got done? LOL Oh, the trash came today and our baby guy Micheal took all the trash out to the curb ALL by himself... without even being asked! I was so shocked! What a lil' sweetheart he is! The other day he unloaded the dishwasher too, just to suprize me! Wow!

OK so now I am just babbling.....guess I'll head out, but I did want to share a photo. A few weeks ago I won a Blog contest given by our LSS owner and CK HOF'r Sherelle Christiansen, and this is the prize........LOVE all the cool BoBunny and Fiskars thing she included but that sweet green canvas bag with the giant grommets....ohh to die for cute!


HUGS, have a great weekend, spend it with someone you enjoy! ;O) Darla

No comments: