Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Today is a good day to...


Make a choice. Yes, I think today I will choose to take the kids to the park, water my flowers, visit with a friend. Oh yea, and today I will set a new goal. NOT to look like that! Ha ha like I have a choice in the matter really? But seriously, after talking with a friend for a long time today, I considered some of my health/life options and with the changes I am making someday I will actually reach my goals for weight loss and fitness and then what? I do not want to become obsessive compulsive and turn into a bean pole.
OK what this really boils down to is this: I have made the choice to lose weight and get fit. So far so good, right? Slow but good. Eventually I WILL in fact reach my goal but will I be satisfied? Or will I turn into some crazed fitness nut who eats granola and beans and finds that anything larger than a size 0 1/2 is too big? I doubt that either of those things will happen.... but I want to be aware of where I am and what is going on. Right now I feel like I am at a huge turning point in my health changes. I feel as if healthier eating is now a part of who we are. I feel as if I have made fitness and working out a priority and made it an integral part of who I am now. I think I have those things down and as long as I keep with them the weight will continue to come off. (fingers crossed) I don't have a magic pill to help me and I am doing what the gu-ru's say is the right thing so eventually I will in fact get down to a good ideal weight. Right? So, now I have to sit back and say to myself, after having 4 children and being overweight for as long as I have been, what is a reasonable expectation for myself? What weight or size will I be satisfied with? And what will I do once I am there to keep myself at that level and not either gain back a bunch or turn myself into the crazy lady in the photo above? LOTS to think about and lots of goal setting to be happening.
D

No comments: