Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Family

Gosh, I have had so much going on lately, it seems some of my posts have been a little goofy or whatever, but I thought today would be a good day to give "updates" on my family for those who visit to find out what is going on at the homefront! I'll start oldest to the baby...

ED, dear sweet Ed has been working like mad, keeping things afloat with work and home and kids and Church etc. He seems to go like an Energizer bunny some days... I think he really loves his work though (computers) and is dang good at what he does. I just wish somone would open thier eyes and realize he is about the most dependable, reliable person they have and he is making the least $$ for his knowledge and efforts....that part is flustering. Right now he is fighting some major allergies and sounds like a fog horn...hope it passes soon!

ME, well, you know me, I just go forth and do what I am told to do. Take care of kids, house, errands, taxi, I run many roles. Not too much really going on with me. I have been doing a lot of scrapbooking and loving it. (wanna see some of my work scroll down or go looksie here:
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i21/DarlaLOU/?
So that is really about it for me. Just keep pluckin' away , you know?

CHRISTOPHER.... mr MAN is working long hours this summer for our friend who owns the furniture repair/restoration shop. Mostly a dirt boy (clean up, sweeping, trash, whatever he is told to do) he is getting some opportunity to learn a few things. The owner is a cool guy, totally is tough love on Chris which he needs and I think he is teaching him some valueable work ethics and life lessons. Chris is all into his music right now.... big into music, but has some good tastes! Loves some 'old' stuff like Queen, Styx, and more. He also has developed a taste for some hard nasty rock that I am so not up with! ick! Good kid, stays out of trouble, respectable (most days) and fun to be around. GOtta love him.

DANI. One word. Drama. Dani, at 12 is now getting into her looks and style and spends hours each day gazing at herself lovingly in the mirror, changes clothes 6-8 x a day (just like when she was 3 ) and is constantly on the phone. Yes, I know, the worst is yet to come. LOL Well, she has been pretty good this summer, gone on a couple sleepovers, bday parties and the like, went camping last weekend and then is going to a swim camp/retreat this coming week with a friend. As long as we keep her busy she stays out of trouble! LOL

TIFFANY Who?? Oh I keep forgetting we have another Daughter. Tiff has a new friend since we moved.... Kayla. They live at the end of our culdesac and I have known her Mom for years as we worked together. Nice family. They have all but adopted Tiff! I think we see her a couple hours a day if that? Maybe she is home 2 nights a week? THey even want to take her on thier family reunion vacation to Utah in a couple weeks!!!!!!! I feel guilty, I feel like my kids are always pawned off on someone.... *sigh* guess we should get used to it bc with teen girls in a couple years we'll never see them.

and MICHEAL. Little sweet silly spoiled rotten man! All about his bikes and cars and trucks and trailers. Wagons, scooters, pedalcars. Race tracks, tow trucks and the MOVIE "Cars"... he is just such a BOY! He givesm e a daily nervous breakdown as he FLIES out of the garage on his 2 wheeler bike (HELMET ON THANK GOODNESS) and out to the curb where he POPs! off and then sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerves back around and up to the driveway! So far only one big bad wreck (road rash on the knee) and no ER trips THANK GOODNESS! Keeps us going. Oh yea and he is living off of choco milk, cereal and Banquet TV Dinners. LOL Cheap kid!

So that is about it! No big plans for the summer, no vacations this year, just work and kids. I will leave you with a quote I put on a scrappy page last night....I really liked it. Have a good day and take care...........Darla

"Faith: God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it." -unknown

1 comment:

Karalyn & Jason said...

Hey! What's up with CKMB. Grrrr...I read the thing that you put on your blog about it (the one that someone else wrote - I can't remember who at the moment). It's crazy. I never go there - heck I don't really go anywhere anymore. I go to 2peas occasionally, but I usually just lurk.

Anyway, glad to hear things are good with you and your family. Things are ok here - just trying to put stuff away. Ugh - we have so much stuff! Oh well!

:)
Hugs -
K