Monday, August 18, 2008

So far so good


Day one. I am in. Hey, not too bad for an old fat mommy! LOL

So, day one, I did my gym workout (kicked my own butt this time) and did the "jello legs" routine that the evil trainer guy "MIKE" taught me. I pushed myself hard and I think I did him proud?! My legs hurt like heck so that should be the indicator I think?

Then I went out for my run. OK let me tell you, when your legs are so fatigued from the weight and fitness session it is H A R D to run. I did it though. I went for 30 minutes and did about 1.5 to 1.75 miles. I ran two 1/2 mile straight runs and then speed walked the rest. My legs were SO giving out in the weirdest places. Usually I get cramped up in my left calf and that is when I know it is time to walk... this time from the get go the front of my thighs were burnin' and my butt even hurt! I know it is from the other training, not an injury, so I just pushed through the pain and kept going. In the end, it felt great!
Can I stand up now? Probably not. LOL
But it is all in good intentions right? Oh, and soon enough those freakin' boxes and boxes of hand me downs from my friends and sisters WILL fit me! HOORAY! There is my incentive! LOL
On that note, I just have to say POOOOOOEY POO on the clothing industry! C'mon people! Get consistant on sizing please. For the love of Harry, let's get the clothes that say 18 or 20 ALL to be 18 or 20. AND what is with womens' size 18 being way off from PLUS size women's 18? GEESH! I hate that! I was all giddy excited to shop in "real" ladies sizes and not the moo-moo section, and I'll just say that the 18 vs the 18W is a BIG difference! ack! Oh, and also, don't even accidently buy yourself a "goal" get of jeans for weightloss off the clearance rack without looking closely at the tags. *oh yes, I did!* I got this cute pair of tan jeans in a size 18 and kept trying them on with MUCH dismay.... uh, laugh was on me, they were MISSES size 18 .... yet another evil thing they do to us women! UGH!

OK that is all the venting I have in me so far for today. I'm certain more will come as the day moves on. LOL OH, and I forgot to mention, hugs and luvs to my kiddos, Dani is sick with a nasty ola' sore throat and lil' Micheal man split his chin open at the swimming pool last night. Poor bugs! :O(

Darla

This song from 3 Doors Down is so what I am about on my health and where I am going with myself right now. I love it when songs actually "say" something, ya know? I think I posted it once before but DANG! it is a song with some meaning! Love it!


3 Doors Down Lyrics
It's The Only One You've Got Lyrics

1 comment:

linda said...

You have been tagged, the rules are over on my blog