Sunday, August 10, 2008

SLEEP IN Sundays....











Sleeping in has got to be the best thing in the entire universe don't ya think? Seriously! I love to sleep in. Lay there, let the sun shine in the window, glance over at the clock and think "hey, I just don't care! I could lay here all day"... LOVE that sleeping in thing! Sunday's are usually the only day we get to do that, our bf's almost always take a Sunday nap - we love to give them crap about it too but honestly I guess to each is own - sleep in late - nap all day - whatever toots your horn and you get some extra rest is all good in my book! :O)

So, quick review of the past few days here. We left Wed night for Boise to go for Ed's Grandma's funeral services. We got in Wed night to his baby sister Odessa's house and his other little sis, Tammy, was there too. Tammy drove all day from Oregon to get there in her CUTE little green VW Bug! We stayed up way too late visiting and being ULTRA silly but had a great visit!
Thursday morning we got up and moving and were to the services at 1:00 pm downtown - a very very nice memorial with tons of people who knew and loved Granny. It was extremely HOT out that day so when we left to go to the graveside it was more than miserable. I think it was like 108 or 107 degrees outside? ick! Fortunatly, the graveside was short but very sweet and we were all back in our AC cars soon! After that we had a HUGE family picinic downtown at Julia Davis park for the rest of the afternoon/evening and the weather, although hot, was bearable and a water fight helped everyone cool down! I think Granny would have loved it!
Friday we vegged out. Seriously lazied around, visited with Grandma and Grandpa and then went to Ed's Uncle Harry and Aunt Mary's house for a mini party where everyone had fun playing a SERIOUS round or two of Guitar Hero and Rock Star... it was great! Very relaxing and fun! Huge thanks to them for hosting all of us, we sort of crashed their bbq and they were so gracious to have us stop in! Thank you guys! (PS Uncle Harry, Timmy Turtle is doing FAB in his new virtual world! ;O) hee hee!)
OH! And Friday morning I hunted down the local Anytime Fitness gym and went for a KICK BUTT workout myself then a bit later in the morning our nephew Joshua took me on a little hike up into the foothills by their house, it was SO HOT outside but we had fun! So I more than got my workouts in while over there!
Anyway, Fri night we snuck over to the hotel where Ed's Aunt Lillie was staying and went for a quickie swim...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was so cool and so nice! THANK YOU AUNT LILLIE! We'll miss you!
So, Sat morning we s l o w l y got up and going, headed to Grandma and Grandpa's (this would be Ed's folks house) and visited for a while, took lots of pix and then headed out to home. Wish we could have stayed longer but we needed to get back. Chris had only stayed till' Friday morning and was home alone plus our 2 poochie pups were missing us too! The drive home was long but nice and quiet as most of us napped the majority of the trip! :O)
Today has been good. We DID sleep in, as I said before, but I did get up and go to the gym too. Had a REALLY good workout and ran some on the treadmill too which felt great. I think I'll go for a run tonight when it cools down outside too. I have to work on that 3 miles before October!!!
So, have a GREAT day and here are a few pix from the trip. Ed, myself and his sisters, and some with his Mom, and Josh and I on our foothill hike, including a view of the Boise skyline and the burned area where we hiked... and some flowers I loved too! (Tammy is the one with glasses who is next youngest to Ed, Odess is the baby and is wearing white, I am in pink and Mom is in a stripey pattern type shirt)
Take care and luvs!

Darla

No comments: