Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pushing Myself Harder

Well, it looks like my Fri morning weigh in is going to be even stevens. Maybe I'll luck out and lose a few ounces, but as of now, I am going to be lucky lucky to just maintain where I was last week. Bummer. I worked really hard this week physically and although I had a few foods mishaps I was really pretty good.
My biggest bummer is that I really wanted to be back down to that 50 lb mark by this weigh in. I promised myself I'd be there by the end of March - I guess then technically I have till' Monday?? ugh. So flustering.
I suppose this means it is time to kick my workouts up a notch? I need to be much more consistant with my weights - I really do not like doing the strength training AT ALL so that is one issue. I also think I need to push the ellyptical a lot more. Time constraints are a big problem, as I go in the mornings and if the baby's Mom is late that throws me into crunch time plus having to be home in time to let our friend get to work (who watches hime while I go) leaves me tight too.
I wish I could get more time in but that just does not work. Daytime is no-go because I have the baby here - maybe I'll have to start doing a home video workout or something? Evenings don't really work either bc I have dinner to do and that is my only time with hubby. SO! Any suggestions would be great!
I just really want to do this and do it right -

Have a good day - be kind to yourself!
Darla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couple of suggestions....

Tell Ed to start doing it with you! I love my walks with my husband and kids-great family time we all look forward to, we actually talk to each other! Some days I don't want to go but they do so it is a family effort to get us out there.

Second, I have found in extreme weather/time crunch I use the Leslie Sansone DVD's. I prefer the Walk & Kick (30 min) but also have the Walk Away the Pounds-I have a 20 min, 30 min, and 45 min (1,2,& 3 miles). While my husband won't do it with me, my son does.

If you find some other DVD walking ones that you would recommend, please put on your website as a variety would be nice to have.

Keep up the hard work-you are motivating so many people, you have NO IDEA! :)