Wednesday, March 12, 2008

numbers........it is all about the numbers....

weigh ins
minutes run
distance walked
calories burned
fat content
scales
how many reps
food points

my life has turned into numbers. LOL

So, I am happy to report a killer workout this a.m. Not only did I do my mile and ran 1.5 laps of that, I also got on the ellyptical machine and worked myself hard. I also did the weights as well! I have been tracking my progress and discovered that in Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb I ran/walked a total of about 11-16 miles for the month. So far for March I have walked and ran for 10 out of 12 days and have already exceeded 16 miles!!! How kickin' cool is that?! I hope to be to 30 or more by the end of the month. I also am thinking of kicking my Sat workouts up to 5 miles and trying to do 2 miles a day during the week! We'll see what happens with that. I have been reading up on helpful hints with running and one thing I have seen over and over is that if you don't do a minimum of 20 miles a week you will NEVER get to any kind of 5K or 10K run - so that is part of my push for more miles per day. I also need to be sure I am remembering to incorperate the ellyptical and weights more regularly too.

And that is that!

Darla

1 comment:

Kip said...

FYI, I did a 5k run, believe it or not and I surely wasn't doing 20 miles a week. The rule of thumb in practice is to run 1/2 the distance of the run. So I concentrated on running half of it and then I went and ran the race and finished without stopping...i was so proud...this was when I was in my 30's.