Friday, March 21, 2008

HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today is all about HALF things!
I am almost to 1/2 of my weightloss goal.
I am 1/2 asleep still this morning.
and most importantly .........

I RAN A FREAKING 1/2 MILE STRAIGHT THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

I have been busting my BUTT for weeks working up to this and finally just got myself "there" mentally. The weirdest part was when I was wanting to give up and my brain was rationalizing with my body and my body just sort of "took over" and then next thing I knew I was PAST the 1/2 mile mark! INSANE!
So, there I was, sweating profusly on the treadmill, huffin' and puffin' and BAWLING like a baby! LOLOL I was so angry and proud and happy and frustrated all right there and then that my emotions just came over me. I am such a freak!
Our kids Pediatric Dr goes to the gym in the mornings and he was there, he wanted to know if I was OK and I started laughing my head off - told him why I was boobing and he laughed and gave me his normal wink and thumbs up (daily thing with him) and then, I was fine. When I got all done I called my sister Lisa to "report" to her and lo and behold, I was bawling again! LOLOL I truly am a dork.

...but... I am a DORK who can RUN A HALF MILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Also I am down a bit on my weight for this week so that rocks too! Going to be going out of town tonight/tommorrow and will be home Sat night. Have a great Holiday weekend! Don't eat too many PEEPS!

Darla


***********************************************************************************
THANK YOU TO ROBIN (again) for the totally awesomely awesome new banner on my blog and my new "theme" title too! Still totally a "forced optimist" and that will stay, but LOVE the push yourself idea too! THANK YOU ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

Darla a half mile is BIG, HUGE, FABULOUS!!!! way to go! That is seriously a huge accomplishment!!!! You go girl!!!