Sunday, March 18, 2007

Home and Refreshed (Sort of)

We got home last night from our weekend overnighter. It was a pretty fun trip for the most part. Laughed and played as planned with Blake and Lisa, they are THE funnest people to be around and we know one another a little too well I think! ;O) Drive over was nice, beautiful weather..... got little Micheal dropped off with my sister in Twin Falls and proceeded to Boise. Found our Hotel and checked in. Then, we made a stop by the folks to pick up the motorcycle and visit a while. It was sort of late so we didn't stay too long, but had a nice visit with them. After that we went and drove around a bit, got some dinner at Red Robin (which I LOVE) and had the funniest, quirkiest waitress ever. I think she was either bored or lonesome because she talked with us for like 45 minutes throughout the meal! LOL She was a cutie though. :O) So, then we headed to our hotel and got settled. Watched some Tv and vegged out. Found out the pool/hottub closed early so we missed out on that. We were all pretty pooped out anyway so we went to bed.
I never sleep very well in Hotels, but I must have been totally wiped bc I crashed this time! I did wake up early though, my body is on a new time clock these days, and was totally PUMPED to get up and go down to the Hotel fitness area and get in some workout time. Well, the dumb thing didn't open until 7:00 am so I layed there in bed for a while, got up and took a long hot bath then got a bagel to eat. Finally it was 7:00 so I went down there........HA HA HA what a joke! There was like 4 wimpy peices of equipment, the hot tub was closed for repairs and basically I was bummed. I did get some time on the stationary bike but it didn't "do" it for me. I would have gone out and walked the greenbelt by the river as it was just outside our hotel room balcony, but they say not to go alone there in Boise so I didn't. :O( The weather was INSANELY beautiful there....75 degrees, sunny and a light breeze, it was awesome! So, we got showerd and dressed and checked out at noon. We drove down to the fairgrounds there in town where they had a HUGE car sales event "Car Wars" with several dealerships..........checked out some cool cars, Corvettes for Blake (his dream) and some other total fantasy cars. LOLOL It was fun to look and check them out. Then we headed to the mall to check things out. Hit a few stores, looked at clothes and household stuffs and before too long we were all starving and so we went to grab lunch. HAD to go to Roundtable Pizza (Ed and I's fave) and got some good salad and pizza. Finally it was time to hit the road... headed out and drove for the rest of the day! LOL Stopped in Pocatello to pick up Micheal from my sister (She was there for a soccer tourney) and then home. We got home pretty late, everyone was wiped out and so we had a snack and headed to bed. I totally CRASHED out big time, slept from 10:30 last night to 9:00 am this morning! CRAZY! Feeling good today.
OK hightlight of this all was that I did really good on my food choices during this trip. Drives suck bc you have nothing to do but snack on junk food.... so with five different chocolate choices, licorice and other things to choose from I really refrained well and I am so proud of myself. THe coolest part is that the scales reflected it this morning and I did not set myself back with this little trip. Very cool. Today I am setting some new goals, reminding myself of my motivations and getting geared up to get a fresh outlook and start on my fitness. I do not want to let myself get bored or loose focus so I have to do this. :O)

If you really read all this, wow, you must be bored too. hee hee Go set some new goals for yourself today! LOL

Darla

No comments: