Tuesday, March 06, 2007

another one bites the dust

and another one's gone
and another one's gone
another bites the dust...
hey! he's gonna get you too
another one bites the dust
-queen

OK you all know the song, right? If not, well, you are missing out, but hey, that is what life is all about right? Just joking, seriously though, today is about gone, and this day DID in fact bite the dust! BIG TIME!

So, it started off fairly innocent, woke up to the alarm to go to the gym at 4:45 a.m. only to give in to the stuffy nose, headache and general crappy feeling and rolled over and went back to sleep. I decided I would go to the gym later after Micheal was off to kindergarden..... yes, good plan. So, I slept till' 8:00 a.m., got up and going, then discovered this "cold" was more like a pounding sledgehammer on my head and I definatly needed to get to the Dr. TODAY. So, off I went, found out my blood pressure was SKY HIGH and have to go see another Dr tommorrow, but I got me some meds, played drop off/pick up with kids, had some other funky things going on and all in all was pretty worn out. Does it get better? Ohhhh heck yes! I take a mellow time out and realize that my wedding rings are missing off my finger!!!!! :O( I search all over, call all the places I went earlier in the day, and no where are they to be found. This was bound to happen as they have gotten so loose on my finger with the weight loss, but still, I am heartbroken. :O( Well, so much for a rest. Off I go again, taking oldest dd to her physical for track at school. Oh yes, with 2 little 6 yr old boys in tow too. All is well until they mention she needs some SHOTS (boosters) and all heck breaks loose!! Nope, 12 yr old, almost 13 is NOT going to get ANY shots from ANY one..... after much persuasion and some mommy muscle, yes, she got 2 shots. (2 of 4 she should have had) Then we taxi'd some more kids and then finally home. Rest? No, not yet. Fix dinner (frozen pizza to the rescue) and then off to a track meeting at the JHS with the kid. An hour later I am home and finally able to relax. Of course, by now I am so freaking wound up I don't know up from down. Oh, and poor husband has to work late... how late? No one knows...until they are done, that is when he'll be home. hmmmm hope to see him SOME time tonight?! :O(

So yes, I had a horrible no good rotten really bad day. But ya know what? It COULD have been a lot worse, and so I am thankful for that. I am thankful I had a warm bed to roll over into this morning. I am thankful I had the option to even go to the gym if I'd wanted to. I am thankful we are able to go to the Dr when we need to. I am thankful for immunizations even if dear daughter is not. :OP I am thankful for my minivan in which I taxi kids all over the country. I am thankful for hubby who works so hard for our family. I am not thankful I lost my rings .... but I am thankful the reason I lost them is because I am getting healthier and loosing this bad wieght.

And that is about it. LOL Yes, I will keep smiling anyway. That is what forced optimism is all about after all!

Darla

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

I hope you soon feel better Darla!

:J