Friday, March 23, 2007

Deep Stuff ......ok, well, sorta deep.


Holy cow how things do change. First off, I was looking at some of the pages I have scrapbooked in the past year, and I know, you are all prob sick of hearing about my fat butt, but here goes. In this picture right here, I am in the green sweater. See me?? Of course you can! How could you miss me in that bright screaming green sweater with the funky big hair and crazy purple sunglasses??!! Well, that was me about a year ago from now. Last May to be exact. Now when I wear that sweater, I have to wear a tank under it bc it hangs down too low in the V-neck and it does not bunch up around my belly. Small things. Small, subtle changes, not all of them are quite so visible, but they are there. So what does this have to do with the price of rice in China? (LOL My Dad used to say that all the time!! Missin' you Dad!) Well, I'll tell you. Today, I was helping my daughter carry a big bag of kittly litter down to the laundry room where we keep the litter box. That big bag of litter weighed 30 lbs. It was HEAVY! and it was AWKWARD! and it was BULKY! and it was totally a huge eye opener for me! I have officially this week hit a total weight loss of 40 lbs! FORTY!!! Now if I had to walk around all day carrying that big bag of 30 lbs of kitty litter, I'd be one heck of a whining, sad, sorry, tired, upset woman. See where I am going now?? I can't imagine carrying around that bag all day.... yet, for how long have I carried around all this excess weight on my body? I am down 40 lbs indeed, and although it has gone really slow, it is steady and good and I feel FAB and that is so cool if you ask me. AND to keep things in a positive light...if I feel this good NOW how am I going to feel in another month? or two? or next year when I hit my target loss total?? This is HUGE folks... HUGE! And- I am doing it!!!!
Darla
Oh and one more thing.... with all the negative crud on the blog this week about "mean people" I just wanted to throw in that there are some AWESOME people in my life too, many more than there are negative for sure. I have some of the most loving, supportive people around me. I think that it is no coincidence that I have surrounded myself with such positive, kind, protective people who love me so much and boost me up when I am down and make me feel important and loved and pretty. I am so lucky and so thankful for all those people in my life. I am truly a blessed girl, and I will never take that for granted. XOXOXO

2 comments:

Ruth.E said...

you continue to inspire!
Ruth

JulesinParadise said...

Darla, you are one amazing woman...you just keep on doing what you are doing and BRAVO! my friend!