Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Whoo whoo for Wednesday!


Going to be a good day here (I hope!). I got to sleep a bit longer this a.m. as the baby and momma were late. I am going to do a quick through on the house this morning and then get dressed to go meet my sis for some shopping! My older sis, Lisa, is taking me to Macy's to pick out an outfit for my Christmas gift! HOW COOL IS THAT? I went to "pre" shop the other day and found a beautiful blouse I want, so we'll see what we end up with today! Should be fun!
Also, we have NO plans this evening which makes things nice... quiet, calm, family time, I enjoy that a lot. Don't have a clue what to make for dinner yet, but I am sure I'll come up with something. Better than last night anyway. LOL We were all so busy coming and going dinner sort of got shoved off and we had to fend for ourselves LOL. However, the caroling ride with my girls was fun - COLD - but fun. We went on a trolly style wagon pulled by 2 huge and beautiful clydesdale horses, around our neighborhood with about 20 young girls and moms to sing carols for the holidays. The horses are amazing... weighing in at over 1800 lbs EACH they are massive and strong and yet sooo beautiful and gentle. The owner of them, his daughter is a good friend and neighbor of ours, she takes our dd Tiff to the farm with her alot to ride horses and help out so that is cool. Tiff is at that age where girls LOVE horses and so this has been an amazing opportunity for her.

Christmas decor 101 - the rugs. LOL This is a funny one. So, I am love all the hoilday fun decorations for both festive and everyday things... but one thing I have never "got" was holiday rugs. Well, my Mom bought these Santa rugs several years ago and they are light and flimsy and roll up all the time, really serve very little purpose but I somehow ended up with them and now I feel like I have to use them. LOL So, I have one by the front door and one just inside the entry too to double wipe your feet of the snow before getting on the carpet. So far, the dog has stolen them twice (dragged them off), they have been flipped and tripped over, they are already getting wet and muddy and grungy and need washed... but, I'll leave them out because Mom would love it.

:O) Have a great Wed!
Darla

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

I hope you are feeling better Darla! How was the shopping trip. Hope you got something pretty!