Sunday, December 02, 2007

Another great weekend!


OK so I may have been a bit mopey yesterday - missing being up at the cabin. I just love being up there SO much. I cannot begin to describe how much fun we have when we are there. We connect more with each other, the kids, all that... amazing when "life's" distractions (ie: phones, computers, work, etc) don't get in the way!!!
HOWEVER! We have had a fun weekend anyway. :O)
We did end up going on our normally scheduled Date Night last night with Blake and Lisa. We did our usual dinner at Garcia's (always YUMMY-O!) and then Ed and Blake went to find a new board game and some treats for us. Lisa and I headed back to the house to visit and I got to drive the Excursion - Let's just say it is much bigger than I am used to driving and I am not exactly sure how we got home in one peice. I think Lisa near-kissed the dashboard a few times! ROTF!
So, the guys returned from the store(s) with Starbuck's mocha's, two bags of chocolate treats, a couple of triple chocolate Twix bars, and a new board game called "What's Yours Like?" and let me tell ya...it was HYSTERICAL! Great game, although a little spendy (I think Blake paid $25 bucks for it?? at ToysRUs) it was so much fun! We played several rounds and got more than our fair share of laughs!!!
So, if you are looking for a new, fun game, this is it. Disclaimer though, it CAN be very adult oriented so read all the instructions and be careful who is listening in when you play! LOL
Today we slept in......really slept in! Had to run to the store and get the goods for making some Spanish Rice and a Tossed Salad for my family Holiday party this afternoon. We'll be getting together with my siblings and their families for an early dinner and a visit...we do this once each Christmas Season, last year I hosted it, and it is nice to see all my brothers, sisters, their kids and grandkids! I have a HUGE family, and I am the baby of 12 kids, so this is quite the gathering. Sadly, we'll be missing quite a few folks this year, but at least we are getting together who can come! :O) Looking forward to visiting and taking lots of photos!
So, off to shower and get ready to go! Have a GREAT Sunday, and if you are in the mood for some fun GO BUY THAT GAME! I guarentee some laughs!!!!

Darla

No comments: