Thursday, April 19, 2007

Updates

Good news/ Bad news Sort of Day

Talked to the surgeon today and got a bit of good and bad news. Good stuff is that I do not have to have any surgery and that the hernia is actually a very small tear with blood pooled around it, much like a bruise. It should heal on it's own as long as I don't over-do it and give it time to heal up. Basically he said about 2-3 weeks of taking it easy, no heavy strain on it and all should be good. He told me I can workout and walk as much as I want as long as I have no pain and he wants me to do NO weights at all for at least 2 weeks. The bad news is that he found I have a ton of cysts inside my kidneys...what? OK Had no idea I had this problem. Dr said it can be either hereditary or from previous injury...aka: kidney infections and stones. I told him I did not believe we had any history of kidney disease in our family so the hereditary part was probably out, but I have had numerous rounds of kidney stones and infections so that made senese. He said the majority of the time kidney cysts don't do anything...you might feel a bit of pain when they rupture but they are rarely anything to make someone very sick. He said once in a while they will calcify and cause cancerous lesions but he does not see anything like that with me. Whew! So, for now I just have to take things slow and easy and let the tear in my stomach muscle heal up and that is about it! Thank goodness! Now I just need to get my energy back and get feeling better. I am soooo wiped out! ick! Thanks to everyone who sent hugs and well wishes, I am sure they are working!
HUGS
Darla

No comments: