Monday, April 23, 2007

Life throwing lemons

What is the quote? "when life gives you lemons, make lemonaid"??? What if life is THROWING you lemons? Then what ? hmm?

OK so life has been a little less than uneventful lately, true. I can handle it though. Really I can. I just need to focus and re-roup and get a plan. Make a list. (yes, I am a list maker) Ahhh deep breaths, in- 0ut - in - out... ok here goes.

Today is Monday, a new week, a new start, fresh and bright and clean. Today is the day I start to try to get life back into some order. Weekends throw me off. Always. No schedules, no form, no lists.... doesn't work for me. So, today will be the day that I get back into my "groove". Yes.
So, the past two weeks have not been my best, between stomach flu, stomach pains, finding out about other health issues and then the messed up schedules, I am in a bit of a tainspin. No, I WAS in a bit of a tailspin. Now it is Monday and I am starting fresh and renewed! So, last week I missed like 4 days of workout time. The week before I missed a couple too. On top of this, I have not been real "disciplined" on my eating as I basically ate what I wanted when I felt good enough to eat and that killed my whole fitness program big time! I think these lovely combos on top of feeling like crud just bombed on me. Oh , and then I forgot the crap that the pain meds did to me too! I swear my body is "de-toxing" from the pain meds they gave me at the hospital. Or maybe the Iodine from the IV done for the CAT scan? I don't know, but my body was sure in a funk to say the least. So........where am I going with all this? Yea, I am avoiding the big bang of it all. Don't want to admit it. Don't want to announce it. Don't want anyone else to know but me, but I have to keep it real and I can't do it all alone and without telling my friends and loved ones I won't be accountable. OK, I am UP like 9 lbs since last week! OMGosh I can't believe I am telling you guys this. But I had to, for me, for you, for the sake of the last 8 months worth of work and sweat.... I had to share this. So, now, I am counting on you to help me up and out of this pitfall and to cheer me on, be mean, be caring, be rough, be nice....... just help me through this. I know today is a new day, and I am starting it off fresh and clean and I am jumping in with both feet, but I need you guys to jump with me, please! I am so ready to hit my 50# mark and yet I have backslid a ton and now I have bigger, stronger and more positive reinforcements than ever before to do this. So, keep this in mind and keep on me, please!!

My plan? Oh yea, I should share that. LOL :O) Well, obviously I will be keeping up (and making up) my gym time. I will continue on my 5 days a week plan. I am having to work back up to where I was prior to getting sick. I was up to 3 miles in less than one hour... now it is taking me over 30 min to get to 1 1/2 miles..... so I have to work back up to that. Also, I can't do the weights for another week or two so I am working more on the bike and the ellyptical machine. I have increased the bike from 15 min to 20 and would like to get it up to 30 .... also have been able to get back to 10 min on the ellyptical. Would like to get that up to 30 too!! Funny that it has become a fun thing, since I hated it in the beginning?! Another step is with my food choices. I have been terrible , horrible, awful for the past two weeks. I am still tracking every bite I put into my mouth....but I have to control myself. Three meals, two snacks... getting back into repeats on b-fast and lunch, that works best for me. Less choice, less calories it seems. Gotta get plenty of good stuff around to eat. Keep the sugars and treats out of the house. Out of my face. Keeping up on my green tea and vitamins, meds, etc... I can do this! I just have to re-focus and re-group!!

Guess I have babbled on enough....... we had a good weekend. Ed fixed the brakes on the Explorer, kids ran like normal, had our Sat night date night with Blake and Lisa... same ol' stuff but the good stuff. :O) We are lucky to have it so good. Hope you are all well and happy too... make it a good week!

Darla

2 comments:

:Jayne said...

Small setback. You'll soon be back on track and losing like a madwoman! Love your whole PMA!
:J

Cindy Marchant said...

Darla your new workout plan sounds great. You probably gained a lot of water weight from the meds, IV's, etc. I need to get back to the treadmill tomorrow. No more sore toe or other excuses!!