Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Friday!

Hope everyone is ready for the weekend and a great Friday today! I totally slept in (aside than my body naturally woke up on it's own at 4:30 am but I went back to sleep) until 7:00 am this morning!! Now I am up and rearin' to go! Will hit the YMCA this afternoon instead! Totally have to keep myself focused to get these dang pounds back off! ugh! Not like PIZZA helped last night either......

So last night I screwed up, we were supposed to have chicken fagitas for dinner - dumb me, I acidentally bought chicken thighs (skin/bone in) and so we had to ditch that and do a last min pizza run. Do you KNOW how HARD it is to resist PIZZA? First I was good, had one slice and some salad- good Darla. THen I was still hungry so I had more salad - good Darla. Then I decided it was ok to have just the toppings off one more slice, then another.... after all, I was skipping the bad bread carbs, right? By that time I was pissed at myself and had another full slice and all was lost! DANG!!! Why do I do that to myself? So, now, I am determined to eat nothing but lettuce, carrots and spritzer dressing for the rest of the weekend! HA! (jjking of course) However, I will NOT keep sabbatouging (sp??) myself and I will get on this right path again. It is just FOOD! I so cannot let it control me! The cool part is, at least I LOVE salad and fresh veggies.... right?

I ran to the Dr yesterday to get my blood pressure re-checked again too. ICK! I don't know why it is so stinking flaming high! I think generally by the time I get into his office I am running 100 mph and stressed out so it is jumped up, you know? I just don't get it. So now, bc it was still so high, I have to go back in a week for a visit with the Doc. I have been on the meds for about a month now, it should be lowering by now. Sort of freaks me out that it is still up there. While I am there I am having him take another mole off (eww sorry gross) on my back, seems that the more weight I lose the more it gets rubbed by my bra strap and it is driving me nuts. OK enough on that.

Weekend plans? Not really any here. Our friends are going to Provo -UT and ditching us for family over the weekend, not fair! Geesh! So, we really have nothing going on. Sat there are some Easter Egg hunts here in town and then Sun is obviously Easter so we'll have Church and the Easter Bunny.... all that fun stufff. We went Easter shopping last night at WalMart - DO NOT GO IN THERE! Talk about insanity! oye!

In closing this morning.... have to tell you about a spoiled kid! ICK! Got up early and took oldest son to the morningside meeting for Church for the teenage youth. As we pull in the church he points out this girl who is driving a NEW Mercedes SUV .... totally sported out with hot pink stuff and he tells me that her parents stinking bought it for her FOR CHRISTMAS! That is just so wrong imo! So wrong on so many levels! And here my poor old minivan is rumblin' and tumblin' down teh road just hitting 166 thousand this week!! LOLOL And poor lil' Micheal who crashed on his bike lasst night because he has no Mercedes to drive around in!! LOL! (he is ok, just bruised a bit and a little more cautious now) I don't get it - buying kids luxury cars? Just a bad idea imo.

OK I am outta here! Have a great weekend and Easter and don't eat too many Peeps!
:O) Darla

2 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Darla I love pizza, too!! When I go to my mom's I tell her "no eating out!" But there is a place in Clarkston called Tomato Brob. and they have a thin crust bbq chicken pizza that is divine, and I usually hate thin crust. I want big fat crust!! LOL! Anyway this and a salad is soooo dang good. I even splurge and get 100% full of fay 1000 Island dressing on my salad. Mom and I share the pizza and I don't see hardly any damage on the scale the next day. Does this pizza place offer a thin crust pizza? If so get a small personal size one just for you. Just a thought.

Also are you monitoring your blood pressure at home? i went through a phase of high blood pressure and my doc had me tal=king mine at home 2X's a day for a couple months. it was determined that I had "doctor's office" high blood pressure and he took me off the meds. I was so happy. Anyway, just curious.

Happy Friday, Darla!!

JulesinParadise said...

Greetings from another pizza addict. We have a place right up the street called Mama Mia's that has all the pizza and salad you can eat for 5.95 lunch and a dollar more for supper...even the desserts are pizza shaped.

Falling of the wagon is acceptable now and then. Most diets fail because people can't have what they like from time to time. Don't beat yourself up...you have earned this pizza!

I am not sure you know how proud of you so many of us are of you!