Tuesday, April 03, 2007

All About Fitness (ha ha ha)


Have you ever seen a SKINNY CHICKEN????
First and foremost - today I have to "retract" what I wrote previously about our trip up to Island Park..... no, Ed did not have fun, he did not enjoy himself and he did not think it was a blast. I personally had a great time, sorry he did not, but I did in fact have fun wallowing in the wet snow. Guess that makes me NUTS egh?! OK now I am free and clear of all that..... on to better things!!


Have you ever seen a SKINNY CHICKEN???????? OK back on track. Most of you know that I have this nickname of "The Skinny Chicken" in thanks to my crazy sister Lisa. Basically, she and I worked on some fitness goals for me and somehow that oddball crazy name came out of it all and IT STUCK! As a matter of fact - we named our Biggest Loser team at the YMCA "The Skinny Chickens" LOL Love it.
Well, as a skinny chicken I have been working like crazy! I have been TRYING to eat better ( some days better than others) and I have been shakin' my butt big time at the gym. This week I have boosted my workout up a bit, changed some things around and I am hopeful that they will sort of jump start my weight loss for now. Things seem to have slowed down and I am getting flustered.
So I was looking back at my previous records yesterday and found that I have really made great strides in my endurance and in my stamina. Really cool if you ask me. I have worked hard to get where I am and it feels SO great. For instance, when I started walking I was only going for like 15- 20 min and totally worn out. Now I am walking 2 1/2 miles and feeling great!
Also, before I started all this work, I would sleep in till' 8 or 9 or sometimes even 10 in the morning.... and lazy around all day. Now I am getting up on my own will power (and insanity) at 4:45 am in the mornings to get to the gym to work out before I have to get kids off to school.
Before, I was drinking at least 2 bottles of Diet Soda a day. Now, I am drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day.
See a trend? Uh yea, it is amazing! The funny thing is, that although I have dropped a signifigant amount of weight already (and hope to lose a LOT more), the other changes are what are exciting to me. Not just the smaller clothes and looking better in the mirror. I FEEL SO GOOD! I am totally energized and pumped up, happier, healthier, feeling amazing! I want to get out and go, I want to dress up, put on makeup, look nice when I go out. It is SO awesome! Very happy with what I am doing and only see more improvements ahead!
Bottom line. If you are reading this, if you know me, or even if you don't..... and you have struggled with weight for a long time, GO FOR IT NOW! I know I had to wait for the "right time" for me to do it, but now I just cringe when I think how tired, and icky I felt all the time before. AND.......if I feel this good NOW after just a portion of the weight being gone.... imagine how FANTASTIC I will feel and look when I hit my goal weight! I feel like a different person, I feel happier and healthier and so much more vibrant. It is awesome, and you can do it too! I do not buy fancy shakes or vitamins....... don't have a personal trainer or chef (thank you Oprah!) but I do have the desire and will power to do it and each day that grows.
:O) Keep on' keepin' on folks!
Darla

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

Thanks for posting that! Your enthusiasm is just what I needed today! Doesn't it feel so good, maybe the FFC (former fat chicks) will conquer the world after all!
(and thrown down on a few sassy FCL)

:J