Thursday, April 05, 2007

Kids, home, and the pursuit of skinny chicken jeans:

Lots to share today, so bear with me I guess. Sometimes I just ramble, sometimes I am serious and sometimes I am seriously silly, but I have lots to talk about so here is my official warming : proceed with caution?? Yea right.

First off , our kids are too funny. I was sort of 'reviewing' my day yesterday as I was getting ready for bed and I have concluded that we have some pretty easy going children. Aside from the normal drama of Dani (our 13 yr old dd) things run pretty dang smooth around here. Chris is busy with school, work, and his girlfriend, Marilee, (who is a total sweetheart by the way). He never ceases to amaze us with his good grades, good attitude and good personality. I don't know a person who does not just love Chris. He is a great example of what a 15 yr old boy should be. Hard worker, loving to his family, and very very very responsible. I never have to worry about his school or stuff like that. I love it!! Makes liefe every easy for Mom.
Now Dani, she is quite the story. Dani is our "free spirit" sort of kid. Totally ALL girl into fashion and makeup and hair and clothes and boys.boys.boys. She got a cell phone for her 13th b-day and that has been quite the enlightning experience for our family. Starting Jr HIgh this year, she has had to make some adjustments but has done pretty well. The big thing with her right now is Track ... she joined the track team with her cousin, Mindy, and has done great!! I am tickled for her and hope she finds it to be a good , fun thing .
Tiffany Marie, now a "double digit" girl (just turned 10 ) is getting into the girlie drama stage too, but still has to be the most complacent , easy going kid ever ! Totally a people pleaser and loves school, reading, art, horsese, all the stuff that most 10 yr old girls love. We have to remind ourselves she is here sometimes bc she is so easy going you never hear a peep out of her. OH unless you ask her to help with washing dishes, then the fireworkds begin! Craziness!! She is very much like big brother Chris though, responsible and not a lot of worries. Thank heavens.
Little Micheal-de-ichle , our baby. Mr Man turned 6 this year and thinks he is now a big boy! He is loving kindg and totally rocking out in it.... his teacher is amazing and I love her to bits. He is SO ready for all day school next year and I think he'll just do great! Still all about his cars and trucks and bikes and trailers.... still all boy. Loves to play with friends, be outside, helping Daddy. Just a fun kid. Definalty the BABY of the family and spoiled rotten, but still a total joy to be around, keeps us all laughing!! Gotta love the kid!

Home - let's just say I keep busy. Between dishes, dinners, laundry and taxi with kids, I don't know where I am going most days. I love it. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom and I do love it, just funny that I am hardly ever actually at home! Seems I run run run kids all day long. LOL It is good though, I enjoy most every aspect of it (aside from washing dishes like Tiff) . This week was a little crazy going back from Spring Break, Tiff and Micheal in Boise for a few days and then having a good friend get sick and helping her out a bit. Also some worries with a family member who is going through some health issues and is waiting for testing... always enough to make you nuts.

Skinny chicken jeans. ...well, they will just hacve to wait. I am in the midst of a "fat trial" right now with my weight and I am really flustered. Put on a couple of lbs over last weekend that are not budging back on me and I am ready to go into crisis over it!! I keep telling myself not to be a slave to the scales, but it makes me so nutted up!! I have changed up some things on my workout routines and also have sworn off sugar and chocolate till' the end of time (yea right) and I just hope by Monday I get results so that I can walk into the batrhroom again without wanting to throw the *&^%$ scales out the window! I have done so well the past few weeks so this setback is really getting to me. The big thing is that is is SO TOTALLY my own doing! ugh!! I will just have to push extra hard to do this. ... thankfully I have some awesome support and I know I can count of those people. I have to keep reminding myself that it took me 17 years to pack this weight on, I am not going to lose it overnight.... but the progress is so slow and so so so painfully unnoticable - it makes it hard to keep going some days. People tell me they see a huge differenece in my body , some dyas I do too. Most days I do not. Then when I see a sublte change and I am like "WOW!! Look at this" no one else can see the differenece! Go figure?! I have gone down a couple of sizes in clothes and that is cool, but still buying way bigger than I'd like to. My ultimate goal is to get down to 160 or so... and a size 12-14 but that is a long ways off. Right now I just put out baby steps and my next is to reach that 50# loss mark.... which is going to happen and happen SOON !! I just have to get over this hurdle!

Guess that is about it right now. Sorry so long, but don't say I did not warn you! Make it a good day! NO! Make it a GREAT day!
Darla

No comments: