Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Only 1/2 Icks Today

Well, I am feeling mucho mucho better today, but still icky. I have to give the whole descriptive bit here bc a friend of mine found it so funny (really now....?) so I thought I would share my misery with all of you. Sorry.

Basically, one of our friends got a stomach bug last weekend and somehow I picked it up. No, actually it was more like it was thrown at me like a 5 ton weight! ICK! Just a nasty 24 hr thing (thank goodness) that involved gut ripping cramps and constant "runs" to the restroom if you get my meaning? So, on Monday I was feeling pretty good really, aside from a few cramps in my stomach and a bit of running to the bathroom... tmi - I apologize. But really, I was feeling fine. Mon night I was up and down a lot in the bathroom overnight and then yesterday morning I got up and went to the YMCA for my usual workout. Enroute' I made several trips to the bathroom and while there I found that walking was pretty much just twisting my insides up like a twizzler licorice stick. Didn't work. So, I came home, got in my jammies and climbed back into bed. Good timing because that is when it came at me (the 5 ton weight part). I spent the rest of the day in bed sleeping, cramping or running to the bathroom. I could barely keep water in my system. It was AWFUL! I tried Pepto, Immodium all that..........nothing helped. The really weird part was that I had very little nausea but I felt like I had to belch nonstop! It was so gross. The cramping was like nothing I have ever felt, someone pulling my bellybutton from inside my gut with a fishing hook would be the most accurate description I could offer. Seriously. Then there was the neck and back aches.....felt like the flu, achey, hot (but no fever??) and just miserable. I would sleep a while, wake up, cramp some more, go back to sleep. I told my friend that I felt like someone had hit the back of my neck with a 2x4 and I got laughed at! ha! yea, funny. Seriously, it was awful.

Well, thankfully today I am feeling a lot better. No more bathroom "runs" thank goodness but still feeling achey and now my guts just feel stripped. No wonder?! I am sure I'll live though and hopefully by tommorrow I'll be full back into swing! I pray no one else in our house gets this crud, it is the worst!!!

Take care and stay well!
Darla

No comments: