Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

What a beautiful, fun, happy day we have had. We are so blessed. We have a nice, warm home, healthy children and plenty of goodness and love to go around. So thankful today and all the year through for all the gifts God has given us.

BIG happy fun morning at our home. Started early too... 5:00 A.M.! to be exact!! Had our oldest daughter jumping on our bed at this wee hour and told her to go back to bed for 1/2 hr and then come back. 5:30 A.M. on the nose we had ALL 4 KIDS jumping in our bed ready to open gifts and see what treasures Santa had brought! So fun!

Santa.........what a guy!! He sure knows us kids well, doesn't he?? Clothes and music for the older kids, paint ball guns for the 'boys', baby dolls and train sets.....and for Momma??? A CRICUIT!!
http://www.provocraft.com/products/index.products.php?cl=cricut So many other cool things too, but those were the "highlights" of our morning. Tons of gifts and hugs and "thank yous" going around the tree in those wee dark hours of the morning.

After we got our gifts all opened and the kids setteled down a bit, dear hubby Ed and I headed back to bed for a mid morning nap! Hee hee! MUCH NEEDED NAP that is. Then we played and visited with our kids, watched some TV, did some cleaning up, got the pies baked and the turkey roast and stuffing in the oven. The kids even ventured out to go sledding for a bit (didn't last long at all) .

The rest of the night will consist of our family dinner (minus 2 kids who left to go to friends houses :O( bummer ) and some family friends coming to visit for a bit. Totally lazy evening I hope! hee hee!! Going to have to clear a spot for MY new toy down here on my desk!! WHEE! I can't wait to play some more!

MERRIEST OF CHRISTMAS to each of you my friends, blessings to those in need and hugs to those who need them most. Remember to be thankful for all we have and to pray for those who don't have this time of year.

Darla

2 comments:

Ruth.E said...

Oh Darla, all the shopping in two days! Ouch. Lucky it worked out ok. I do my shopping all year round. I cant help myself. If I have an overwhelming desire to shop I shop for birthday and Christmas presents thereby getting rid of the shopping bug, getting prepared and enjoying myself all at the same time. Glad your morning was so special, so was ours. Just gotta love excited kids.
Ruth

cindy said...

Thats so cool! a cricut? But I too got soem fun scrapping stuff! Yippee!