Monday, December 11, 2006

Holiday Mahem!

*Click on photos for larger images*





WOW! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!
I can say that NOW I can really feel like the spirit of the season is here. Last night we hosted my side of the families annual "Brother and Sisters" dinner. I am the 'baby' of 12 kids in our family, being that there are 101 different marriages there are really only small "batches" of siblings with the same parents, but since we were all raised up together, we are family 100% if you ask us! (lots of 1/2's, steps, ect) So, a few years ago we decided that it was fitting to start having this sibling pot luck to see everyone, the new kids, the growing ones, all that fun stuff. We ended up with 36 people in our house (if I counted right) and it was FUN!!!!! The photos tell it all.........lol (thank you Liz for taking pix all night for me). I don't know how these will show up in the final format, so here is a descriptive listing for you ! Ha ha!

-Red sweatshirt with the three kids in navy blue is my sister Lisa and her 3 kids
-Family of 5 all dressed in browns, with the 2 GORGEOUS girls and the "surfer boy" is my sister Carlee and her family (these are the soccer crazies I talk about all the time)
**Carlee and Lisa are my two FULL sisters**
-Big group photo of all the adults, siblings, some of their kids, anyone over 18 was in this shot
-Big group photo of all the kids, everyone under 18 was in this shot.....TONS of my neices and nephews and GREAT neices and nephews
- Group shot of the 6 siblings that were there, across the back, Lisa, Carlee, Sandy, Darla and in the front were Gordon and Linda (they are the 2 oldest siblings)
-And the shot of my sis Lisa, in the red, chatting with our brother Gordon in front of the fireplace.........lots of these photos going on all night, but liked this one best! :O)

We were missing 6 siblings last night, and their families for various reasons. My older brother Bobby who passed away several years ago, missing him a lot. Sherann, who lives in WVirg who obviously couldn't be here. Then our Step Moms' 4 kids, Don, Joyce, Mig and Linda.... they have never come to this gathering, but doesn't seem to hurt anyone's feelings?

Hope this whole thing comes out....... and I hope that you can define who is who in the photos.
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!


Merrry Christmas!
Darla

(God Bless Robin who says I look skinnier in these pictures!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhh thank you!)

3 comments:

Kath said...

Darla, thanks so much for sharing these wonderful photos of your family's Christmas get together. They remind me of mine when we all lived in Arkansas, and they make me smile with all the great memories. Thanks for the holiday cheer!
(and yes, what incredibly gorgeous kids you guys all have!!!)
Kath

Cindy Marchant said...

Wow, Darla! What a wonderful get together and it sure dooesn't matter what day it is either. That's what Christmas is to me - family coming together. You sure are a good looking bunch. Hey I love how you did your fireplace. Just beautiful!!!

Kip said...

Great family photos and Yes, you do look skinnier Darla!!!