Saturday, December 09, 2006

BIG Holiday Weekend Here

STRESSED OUT.
Oh yes, and Happy Holidays to you too. hee hee. OK seriously, this weekend is a megga stress for me, lots going on, but IF and WHEN I make it through I can sit back and pretty much relax up till' the actual Christmas Day celebration. Ok...yea, right, whatever.
TODAY is a megga super duper house cleaning extravaganza around our home. We have bedrooms to clean, laundry to catch up, floors to mop, dusting and organizing to be done. TOTAL house cleaning makeover going on here. Kids are pitching in to help out (thank goodness) and I hope that we will have everything in order quickly! (and it stays that way for 24 hours!!)
TONIGHT I get to play "chef" ala' Darla/Mom. Our oldest ds Chris is going to his first formal dance with a DATE and they will be having a nice 'fancy' dinner HERE at our house......... on me. There are 2 couples coming, they will be feasting on chicken teryaki , fruit/veg kabobs and fried rice. They are doing a 'progressive' dinner date before the dance and I volunteered myself for the main course. FUN! I even bought a new satin tablecloth and got out my Christmas dishes for the occasion!
TOMMORROW our oldest dd Dani will be speaking in Church....... that is an exciting thing for her and for us since we are pretty new to this Ward. I am proud of her!
TOMMORROW EVENING we will be hosting my family Christmas get together. :O) JOY! No, seriously, it will be really nice, crowded in my little house, but nice. We will have all my brothers and sisters and thier families (kids, grandkids) at our home for a quick get celebration and pot luck dinner. Looks like we'll have about 40 people all together. OYE! Ham, turkey, stuffing, potatos, salads, all kinds of goodies galore I am sure. We all exchange goodie plates and cards and get to visit and catch up on life. It will be a nice time for everyone I hope. My main concern is 19 KIDS in my house.....eeey gads! Scary!

Then Monday we will be back to the normal 'grind' of things........work , school, etc. DH won't be able to drive for a few more days so I will get to taxi him to/from work, but that is ok. Just can't wait to loose all this added stress of the weekend.

Until then..... Happy Holidays?

No comments: