Tuesday, December 26, 2006

EmOtiOnS running wild

Feeling a variety of emotions today, not sure what or why. (PMS? maybe - maybe not) Whatever the reason, I am. Some good, some bad, some wierd and wishy washy. So strange.

EXCITEMENT
I know, everyone is sick of hearing about this, but I am sooo totally excited about the new changes coming into our lives. GOOD HEALTH is somthing we take for granted so often, and so even though I have been working pretty consistantly for the past few months, I am really really excited to start on new things. Our membership to the YMCA is going to be a HUGE step in the reality of weight loss and fitness and good health. Also the 'keys' I got as gifts will be a big boost as well, books, videos, equipment........all things to keep me going , keep US going. So excited about it all.

WORRY
I would not be Darla if I didn't find something to worry about. I am a natural worrier....don't know if it is just a woman thing, or mom thing.......? I worry. Right now, I worry about Christmas expenses...I worry about failing at the above mentioned portion of my life... I worry about my kids fitting in, and fulfilling my duties at home and church and with family. I really worry a lot about my Mom right now. I worry our time with her is running out and we are missing out on having chances to see her. We should go more often, we should take every chance we have right now. I dont' want to regret these last chances like I have with other family members in teh past.

GRATEFUL
I am so grateful right now. This Season of Giving has opened my heart in ways I never could have emagined. The sequence of events, the pure and simple coincidences that occured, they were for a reason. I am certain of that. So, my heart is full of gratitude for all the blessings we have and all that we take for granted. Home, family, health, jobs, food, vehicles, friends, all this and so much more. So thankful. So blessed.

WISHFUL
I love that word. Since I am somewhat of a dreamer, an optimist and not really too much of a downer person, I am always wishful of things. I have million and one dreams for my family and my self. I have visions of bigger, better things, always more. Not necessarily physical things, posessions per say, but just 'better' lives. Living better, being better. Being more and taking advantage of the gifts God has given us. That type of thing. Using the blessings we have to be better people and live the way God woudl want us to. THAT type of better is what I mean. I am wishful that we can utilize our talents and blessings to the fullest.

I suppose I could rattle on, but I won't. Just feeling very emotional, good and bad, happy and sad, but it all balances itself out.

Blessings. Darla

1 comment:

Ruth.E said...

And this is why so many people love you! Wishful indeed, I think that somes up my life. As for worrying, it is a mum thing. My mum said I would worry myself to death by the time I was forty. I am forty one and still worrying! As for expenses, I figure what is done is done and there is not a lot of use taking time out to actually stress over it. With any luck and with a lot of faith that one will work itself out. Keep being Darla, you are so lovely.
Ruth