Sunday, August 27, 2006

TOO much STUFF!

So totally odd, I have been thinking and making lists (this is what I do, make lists) and trying to figure out ways to 'de junk' our lives and our home. Since we moved back in Feb we have been slowly and steadily getting rid of "things" that we no longer need, junk and stuff that is crowding our home, our space and our comfort. It is amazing, as my husband and I were both raised with an almost unhealthy appriciation of "things".....we are finding that what is really importat is WHO is in your life, not WHAT. Now, what is funny about this whole story, is that I was just reading Ali Edwards Blog http://aliedwards.typepad.com/ this morning, she is an amazing scrapbooker/Mom/wife/artist who is wide known in the scrapbook industry. Ali has only one child, but he has special needs so she is more than busy. On top of this her husband is in Politics and is assuredly not sitting around on his butt all day. Ali travels A LOT for her work in the scrapbook industry and she has such awesome insight into Motherhood/Homemaking that makes me just smile. Thank you Ali !!

OK so Ali was talking about dejunking, decluttering her home and her life. GOOD STUFF!! I find that I am less stressed when I have less mess and THAT can come by getting rid of excess belongings. During the month of July I had made up a master LIST (remember, my "thing" to do) and had plotted out a plan of going room to room through the house each week and deep cleaning and dejunking. So far, it is now Aug 27th and I have done very little. Grrr me! So, this week I plan to start, and rather than go week to week, since I am at the end of the month, I am going to go day by day! Each day this week I am going to go through and dejunk and deep clean different areas of my home. Granted, we have only been in the house for 7 months, but I do not want to be overcome with "things" again. Keep it simple, keep it clean, keep it stress free.

So, if you are looking for some insperation to clean and unclutter your life, go check out Ali's blog........so much insperation there!

Until next time, keep your closets clean and stay stress free!! me

3 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

I did a lot of this while I was at my Mom's. Oh they have soooo much junk it's scary. Like if their toaster broke and they bought a new one, the old one went into the basement. We took tons to the dump and the thrift shop. And it was so funny what my mom thought was thrift shop worthy! I would sneek said item into the garbage when she wasn't looking! LOL! Good luch with you de-junking!

Aimee said...

decluttering is good for the soul! but also be careful what you wish for-i wanted less clutter & it all went away :) moderation is key!

Ruth.E said...

This is why I was so glad to find the flylady. She made it easier for me to get rid of stuff, keep it gone and enjoy what I have. Whatever it takes, you go girl.
Ruth