Sunday, August 06, 2006

Scrappy Musings....

OK Sorry to all my 'non' scrappy friends and family and anyone else who does not understand 'scrap-eze' but I am just in a scrappy mood and I am going to talk scrap!

So, I am ALL about the new Daisy D stuff that is out, the cool Gypsy Harvest things, awesome autumn colors, antiqued looking and just plain cool! DD has really gotten out of the rut this past year and made some amazinly awesomely awesome new paper lines! LOVE IT!!!

Oh and can we say I LOVE MM ?! This co never ceases to amaze me and what do you know?? They are coming out with GIANT WALL MONOGRAM LETTERS that are self sticking and OH SO COOL! Love that whole concept, SO COOL!!!! I am still oogling over the BoHo Chic stuff I got at CKU and totally hoarding every little peice of ribbon and paper from them....so awesome!

I am also really getting "happy vibes" from Heidi Swapp. I never really thought that her stuff was all that amazing, alas, I am finding that I am using every little thing in my scrap stash from her! LOVING the big flowers, the chipboard alphabets (which are easily altered) and all the ghost letters and shapes. Even her super glittery lip gloss is AWESOME! Go HS!!

Good ol' Basic Grey is at it again too... all thier new papers are emerging and as always they are just to DIE for! Cool colors, deep and dreamy designs and things that just drawwwww you across the room just to drool over them! The new Cosmo Cricket looks to be a BG Wannabe but some awesome looking stuff nevertheless!!! Can't wait to get my grubby fingers on some of that paper!

BoBunny Press is doing the same thing as Daisy D's..... causing me to go broke! THEY have also come out with some of the cutest stuff ever this past year and are really making a comeback. So many fun prints and colors.....loving all teh YELLOW I am seeing in their lines right now! YEAH!

Other fun things I am seeing.... BIG BUTTONS with COOL PRINTS at WalMart fabric dept, three cool buttons for less than $2 bucks....way cool! LOVING the new and fun ribbons I am seeing around at fabric and craft stores and lss. I still am a sucker for fibers, they just scream texture and design to me. Twill too.... plain, colored, printed, all of that, so fun, so functional. Ric Rak and elastics........FUN to play with. Old but good!! FABRIC is opening up a whole new world in scrapping...and I have TONS of it! I knew there was a reason I have dutifully saved every teeny tiny scrap of 2x2 inch fabric I ever had. Denim, cottons, plaid, floral, flannel, seersucker, ALL OF IT is just fun and amazing to use...more design potential and more doors opened up in the world of scrapolicious living!

I guess I could go on all day.... REALLY, I COULD! but I will stop. Just loving my hobby, my obsession and love to talk about things that make me so happy. HAPPY HAPPY ME!

Hope YOU are feeling happy too!
Darla

3 comments:

:Jayne said...

I so have to agree with you Darla! And what about the big flowers WM has? Have you seen these? Under $2 for 4 to 6 of them! Love them!

:J

Ruth.E said...

You are killing me, to have that much choice would be so wonderful. Alas and alack as it has to be shipped from the US it is done is small quantities in each LSS. If only they had the buying power of several stores I would be able to enjoy more of these products and product lines too.
Ruth

Mae said...

Thanks for the great review!

Mae