Monday, August 21, 2006

School days, school days, beautiful, wonderful school days...

Well, the time has finally arrived. It is 8;40 am and I have 3 or 4 kids shipped of to a new school year. 2 of them to brand new schools and a 3rd will start school for the first time today! I am very content. My sister called bawling HER eyes out after seeing MY oldest son walking to the High School... I loved it! It is not that I am not somewhat emotional about it all... but part of me inside has been waiting for so long to have a little bit of freedom again. I started having babies at such an early point in my life, and prior to that I cared for my sisters kids most of the time, so I have really not been childless since I was a HS student myself. That is a LONG time taking care of kids. (how long? you don't relaly need to know that do you?) So, today is the start of a new "era" for me. Of course, won't be long before I am putting up a journal entry about "empty nest syndrom" either! Ha ha ha!

So, what do I intend to do with all my newfound freedom? Clean and organize my home to the "inth" degree... get some quality excersize time in with my slave driver sister (yea, the blubbering crybaby one), and some me time...to scrapbook (of course), window shop, and just do some things I have always wanted to do. Ahhhhh I can already hear the peace and quiet in the house!

Things are good. Money is tight. Everyone is healthy. I can't ask for too much more, really. Of course, the more money the more you spend the tighetr it gets so I will just leave that one alone.

Until next time........

2 comments:

Ruth.E said...

Darla, enjoy your day. School will be over all too quickly and the kids home and rading the fride. Aint life grand. Still your plans sound promising, one HOP at a time.
Ruth

:Jayne said...

Ya know Darla, I share your sentiments. I didn't cry when any of them started school and didn't cry when any of them graduated. But we enjoyed every moment in between. Sad that it's over? A bit. But it was sooo much fun while it lasted!

:J