Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gotta get back in the saddle again....

I have been so off kilter the past 2 or so weeks on my running. I pushed and pushed till' I hit that 2 miles then something in me went wonky and I backed off. I don't konw that it was bc I'd finally hit my goal or I decided since school was out I could sleep in more? Who knows?
Whatever the case, I have slacked big time and now my running is the pits. I am back down to about 1/2 mile run and I hate it.
I did so-so on the 5K the other day but that was more due to the heat and the fact that we were running on stinkin' grass. However, even if it had been more on the pavement or roads I don't know that my distances would have been great. I think I not only disspointed myself, but my sister too. Sorry Lisa.
So, this morning Lisa and I did a 40 min walk/run with two really short running distances, like less than 1/4 mile each. I was then fired up to go for some distance but instead came home. WHAT??? was that about? I am going to set some new goals for the rest of this week and next week and really push hard on them. I want to get back to that 2 miles straight and then work to 3 miles! I'd LOVE to be able to go run the majority of a 5k .... I am going to have to work hard to do it though.
So, next time you see me or talk to me - be sure to remind me to get off my butt and get running! OK?

Darla

1 comment:

Cindy Marchant said...

You can do it Darla!!! I KNOW you can!