Thursday, October 12, 2006

A page to share...

I have been trying to get quite a bit of scrapping done lately... I am finding a new 'nitch' that I am really happy with. Sometimes I worry that all my pages will start to look the same, same design, same elements, blah blah boring. Last night I realized that even if I DO use alot of the same stuff, each page is unique even if only in the fact that each photo tells a story, shares a memory, leaves a legacy for my family. I recently discovered that I really love to use FABRIC on my layouts.... ohh yes, a whole new wide open world of colors, prints, designs....just like pattern paper only much more readily available and it is EVERYWHERE! Fortunatly I have a huge storage bin full of fabric and I have been taking swatches and bits from there..... but I see a new facination coming I fear! LOL

For some reason, the ding dong photo of my most recent 'creation' will not post here so I will link you to it..... http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i21/DarlaLOU/?sc=5 It is the one titled "monkey challenge #17 " if you want to look. With this one I merely used the fabric as 'ties' on the edge of the page, just like we often do with ribbon. Other times I'll use it as a mat or do die cut shapes with the fabric. Just makes me giddy with excitement that there is just a huge palate of color and design out there for the taking!

Hope to be able to share more soon! Until then, enjoy the upcoming weekend! HUGS Darla

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

Love your pages! I don't think I have seen the last three up there! What a great idea to use fabric like ribbon. I may have to lift that idea!

:J