Sunday, October 15, 2006

Busy weekend!


First off, dd Dani IS A STAR!! Or at least for a day! Dani was in the Missoula Children's Theater production of "ROBINHOOD" yesterday. It is a traveling theater group that was sponsered by our school dist and the majority of the parts are done by local kids. Tryouts were all afternoon/evening on Monday, practices Tues-Fri afterschool/evening and then 2 performances on Saturday! LONG week for her! Dani had originally been casted as an assis director but on the first day of practice they moved her to a part as a Merry Man..... she was a 'bad actor' .....meaning that was her PART in the play. SHE did a fabulous job and has really found her nich'e in things...... she is a great singer and oh so dramatic anyway, Drama is definatly a good spot for her! We were very proud of her and she will surely be doing some future theater. (pictures to share later)

Bizzario weekend for me. Lots going on, but everyting sort of jumbled and out of sorts. Felt like I was going in circles with nothing really getting anywhere. Hmm. Just weird. Did a lot of running, taxing kids, all the normal things, just felt like I was not getting anything really done, everything is very incomplete to me right now. House is a mess, despite cleaning, planning is written out but I dont' know what I am doing. Hope I am just out of sorts for the moment. LOL

Layout at the top of the page was a creation from the other day. REALLY liking it a lot. Was not too sure the colors and elements would 'work' but I think they did in the end. I am really finding some satisfaction in my scrapbooking lately and need to get my nerve up and start doing the submissions I keep saying I am going to do. It is a lot of work, really it is, but I know it will be worth it. I wonder if the fear of rejection or lack of recognition is hindering me subconsiously... who knows. I just need to DO IT.....and soon. I made a promise to myself that I would do this when school started and yet here I am 2 months later. Ha ha! Kick it in gear Darla!!!

Well, I guess that is all in my wild and wacky life right now. Need to get moving, Church in a couple hours and have not even hit the shower yet. Oh and a lesson to plan too! oops!

Until next time. me


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Dar - My Elizabeth was in the Missoula Children's Theater the week before Dani!! She has just turned 8, and had a *younger* part in the play (they did Beauty Lou and the Country Beast). But, still every day rehearsals and a LONG day on Saturday. But - what an experience!!! It was a good intro to theater for her, and she loved it! Kewl to hear that Dani had a grand time too!!

jennifer