Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lots of LITTLE stuff today.....


FALL is definatly in the air. Crisp, cool days, wind wind wind (right in Idaho fashion) and leaves changing colors. Love this time of year. So fresh to me, I enjoy it all. I can't wait for dh to get our Halloween goodies up outdoors! FUN time of year! We never let the neighbors down. :O) We'll miss our big old creepy house/porch for decorating this year for sure, but NOT the creepy old neighborhood! LOL

In other news, kids are all super busy, school, church, activiites and so on. Oldest dd tried out for a play yesterday, didn't get a part but DID get the Asst Director part.....going to be a busy week for her! Oldest ds will be trying out for the HS JV Basketball team soon too.... last year was a bummer as the coaches were MORE than biased in choices so I hope to see better luck for him this year. I really think he has the talent and potential if they will give him a chance. All body parts crossed for him.

Sunday we went to a family get together.....my cousin and her dh and family have been stationed in Equador for a few years now with the Air Force. We had never seen her children so we had a family 'mini' reunion for those who could come. SO nice to sit and visit and catch up. My Dad's side of the family are very close, it is special to be with them. So odd to see my aunts and uncles age.....and they remind me SO much of my Daddy. :O( My one aunt made comment that Dad had been gone nearly 6 years.......lol, I chuckled, no Aunt Dee, it will be 10 years THIS month. She looked so shocked. Rough stuff. All my aun'ts have lost their husbands and I have one Uncle left... he is the 2nd to youngest in the family and it is hard to bear to see him he looks so much and reminds me so much of Dad. On a happier note, our oldest ds had a fun time holding the new baby there at the party.....he sat right up on his lap and shared a story book! The little guy was grinnin' EAR TO EAR and giggling and just loving up the attention. We were all loving watching a 15 yr old boy interact with a little baby like that. So cool. :O)

Thinking I might need to pick up a PT job over the Holidays to get us through. Things have been so tight the past few months and with Christmas and the other Holidays coming I don't see an end in sight near. *sigh*

School is driving me NUTS right now. This past week they have been out more than they have been IN and it is nuts! They just started school and all this time off already? Last Th-Fri off, early release Mon and Tues this week... always something. Another 6 days off in Nov too!? Jeesh!

OK with that, I am done rambling. Just had lots to say LOL I am taking some scrapbook time for myself today before the kids get out early again and then I will clean house. Need a creative downtime. LOL Also have a soccer game this afternoon.....playoffs for my nephew, Ted's soccer team from Twin Falls.... can't wait to watch as they are playing OUR HS Soccer team again, last game was a GOOD one!!!

No comments: